Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey everyone, My 1025R is less than a year old and an awesome machine.The question I have is : Are these things like an old Harley I used to have with nuts coming loose? The pin that helps hold the parking stand on the H120 loader has a nut that keeps coming off, I found them at Tractor Supply and it is a metric 16-10 are there other bolts I need to check on regularly? Thank you for this site and all the knowledge that is available here. Thanks in advance.

Reactions: Robnik and ky_shawn

·
Registered
407 Posts
I have found at least 3 bolts laying in my driveway that fell off the tractor. I checked every bolt/nut I had access to.

Check this thread: Loader Bolts Missing

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
I don't have a 1 series but I do have issues with my 3520. One of my cup holders is the designated place for all nuts, bolts, screws, and washers that I have located in/around the tractor. Who knows how many has been lost while in operation. Took some interior pieces off the other day to install switches and found 3 more screws laying loose. Sometimes I get lucky and easily find the location of whatever I find loose, but not this time so into the cup holder with the rest of the unknowns. I can deal with the interior falling apart but it really bothers me when I open the hood and find bolts wedged somewhere between engine components. Sadly, when servicing the tractor or on rainy days I can't do anything else I use that time to grab a ratchet, sockets, and screwdrivers to go over the tractor and tighten things back down. Amazes me at how quiet the tractor is after I spend some time going over it by not having the vibration noises from loose components. Torque values seem to be meaningless.

Edit: just realized your referring to the H120 loader and not the tractor itself. Amazingly my loader has never had a single loose bolt/nut after checking them several times.

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
Wow! I guess I've been lucky on my 3320, have only lost one bolt in 9 years of ownership and that was because it snapped off.

Its possible some are missing that I haven't noticed but everything I check with the torque wrench is still there and tight.
The cab interior aside, I expect plastic and small screws to work loose but under the hood irks me a bit. I expect some things to get loose during break in but would think checking it over once should be good enough from then on out. Simply hasn't been my case. I'm not saying it's awful and has driven me to the point of disliking the tractor, but it is something I don't think should be occurring on any machine regardless of brand if such brand has a reputation of quality. I can EASILY pin point every nut/bolt that has been loose, after I checked several of them for a second time to find them loose or found the location of a bolt laying free, I started marking them with a sharpie. Again, it's not to the point of needing a new sharpie yet to mark nuts/bolts but there is plenty of marks under the hood. My cup holder has enough metal in it that it no longer rattles like it did when there was just a couple nuts/bolts/screw laying loose inside it.

·
Registered
474 Posts
11 months and 154 hours with my 1025 and only lost 1 nut within the first 20 hours. Came off the 3pt on the left side of the tractor. Can't remember what it was attached to but it was spring loaded. It flew forward and hit on the PTO output lever switching it from mid PTO to rear PTO. Otherwise no issues.

I did find a couple mast bolts under torqued and a few wheel studs as well but they revealed themselves to me in the proscribed maintenance windows. Haven't had any issues with them since.

I'll be doing a nut and bolt check this weekend. I want to crawl under the tractor to grease the drive line and while I am there just give a good once-over. I've done that a few times and haven't found anything but that doesn't mean I don't see the ones that are already missing.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Loose/missing washers, studs

11 months and 154 hours with my 1025 and only lost 1 nut within the first 20 hours. Came off the 3pt on the left side of the tractor. Can't remember what it was attached to but it was spring loaded. It flew forward and hit on the PTO output lever switching it from mid PTO to rear PTO. Otherwise no issues.

I did find a couple mast bolts under torqued and a few wheel studs as well but they revealed themselves to me in the proscribed maintenance windows. Haven't had any issues with them since.

I'll be doing a nut and bolt check this weekend. I want to crawl under the tractor to grease the drive line and while I am there just give a good once-over. I've done that a few times and haven't found anything but that doesn't mean I don't see the ones that are already missing.
I found several washers and a stud laying on the garage floor when moving my 1025R last winter. I then had a problem with the auto connect and it was serviced but they sent the extra washers and stud back unused. I asked and they said it wasn't the issue with the auto connect but that it needed "pressed back into place" and it wasn't a warrant item to boot. This machine had less than 25 hrs on it. I wonder if the missing parts are from the auto connect unit but can't prove it and due to physical limitations I can't just crawl under the tractor to check, that is why we bought the auto connect in the first place, to eliminate crawling under the tractor for mower install, etc. I don't think the washers and stud appear to be from the H120 loader, they are too small and long.

·
Registered
2,858 Posts
I don't have a 1 series but I do have issues with my 3520. One of my cup holders is the designated place for all nuts, bolts, screws, and washers that I have located in/around the tractor. Who knows how many has been lost while in operation. Took some interior pieces off the other day to install switches and found 3 more screws laying loose. Sometimes I get lucky and easily find the location of whatever I find loose, but not this time so into the cup holder with the rest of the unknowns. I can deal with the interior falling apart but it really bothers me when I open the hood and find bolts wedged somewhere between engine components. Sadly, when servicing the tractor or on rainy days I can't do anything else I use that time to grab a ratchet, sockets, and screwdrivers to go over the tractor and tighten things back down. Amazes me at how quiet the tractor is after I spend some time going over it by not having the vibration noises from loose components. Torque values seem to be meaningless.

Edit: just realized your referring to the H120 loader and not the tractor itself. Amazingly my loader has never had a single loose bolt/nut after checking them several times.
Interested to know if a factory or dealer install? Mine is an FILB, and if they were any tighter, they'd break. All mine have a white mark on each. Those loose, falling out ones have that paint stick mark?

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,969 Posts
My TLB is the same, tight as could be made. Got to be over 400lbs on the loader mounts. My quick attach for the mowing deck lost a lot of bolts though. Nylock nuts and Loctite fix all these nuisances.

·
Bonehead Club Lackey
10,269 Posts
Hey everyone, My 1025R is less than a year old and an awesome machine.The question I have is : Are these things like an old Harley I used to have with nuts coming loose? The pin that helps hold the parking stand on the H120 loader has a nut that keeps coming off, I found them at Tractor Supply and it is a metric 16-10 are there other bolts I need to check on regularly? Thank you for this site and all the knowledge that is available here. Thanks in advance.
I've not had this issue. I'd replace the nut with a nylock nut if it keeps coming off.

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
Interested to know if a factory or dealer install? Mine is an FILB, and if they were any tighter, they'd break. All mine have a white mark on each. Those loose, falling out ones have that paint stick mark?

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
I have never had a single bolt or nut loose on the loader, all very tight. There are a bunch of white marks but don't recall having a loose bolt ever with a white mark on it, I assume the white marks are there showing someone torqued that bolt to spec. The nuts, bolts, and screws that have fell out or became loose on my tractor are without doubt from the factory though, unless the dealer has touched brackets that is bolted to the engine block supporting the exhaust, alternator, radiator, air intake, etc.

·
Registered
9,644 Posts
Ive heard x700 series had an issue with mower lift bolt falling off. Only fixed in the last few years.

However you get there, put peened lock nuts on in replacement and never look back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,554 Posts
Mower, loader and backhoe were the only items that didn't shed any hardware:

Lost rockshaft lock ring killed the entire mechanism which the dealer ate under warranty.

Mechanical deck lift linkage to rockshaft lost 2 of 3 bolts. I rebolted it with larger bolts and star washers.

Muffler clamp loosened.

Rate of Drop knob disappeared ($20, but I didn't want to keep using my Leatherman Wave pliers).

Also found a few stray nuts/bolts in the driveway and shop floor first couple days. These could be some the assembler dropped which landed on places in the frame area, etc...

·
Registered
377 Posts
I have a 2025 with an H130, all the bolts on the drivers side of the loader, the large ones that are also grease fittings, do strange things. the Nut is actually tight, the marks no longer line up and the bolt/fitting has moved from left to right, in other words the whole bolt with the grease fitting normally sticks out 1/4 in on the left side of the loader, now they are sticking out 1/4 on the right side of the loader? I released any pressure on the loader and hit one with my hand and it slid back where it should be, the others I'm going to try a rubber mallet on. Is this natural?? not sure how far they would move to the right before something stops them, like the loader hitting the ground:laugh:, so the marks never do line up, all the right side of the loader are just as they came from the factory. Does this mean they gave me a left handed loader when I ordered a right handed loader?:nunu:

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
I have a 2025 with an H130, all the bolts on the drivers side of the loader, the large ones that are also grease fittings, do strange things. the Nut is actually tight, the marks no longer line up and the bolt/fitting has moved from left to right, in other words the whole bolt with the grease fitting normally sticks out 1/4 in on the left side of the loader, now they are sticking out 1/4 on the right side of the loader? I released any pressure on the loader and hit one with my hand and it slid back where it should be, the others I'm going to try a rubber mallet on. Is this natural?? not sure how far they would move to the right before something stops them, like the loader hitting the ground:laugh:, so the marks never do line up, all the right side of the loader are just as they came from the factory. Does this mean they gave me a left handed loader when I ordered a right handed loader?:nunu:
Are you talking about the pins/bushings for each hydraulic ram?

·
Registered
377 Posts
John Deere - Parts Catalog

the are part #aw33270, aw33494 , aw33495 yes they call them pins with a grease jerk in them, I'm guessing they are sliding within the sleeve, I would take a picture if it ever stops raining or they snow this weekend:flag_of_truce:

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
John Deere - Parts Catalog

the are part #aw33270, aw33494 , aw33495 yes they call them pins with a grease jerk in them, I'm guessing they are sliding within the sleeve, I would take a picture if it ever stops raining or they snow this weekend:flag_of_truce:
As far as I know there is no worries, I'm sure everyone's will slide a bit if they tried to do so.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Hi shawn, these are the pins with the grease fittings that go through the lift arm and parking stand on the loader. They had the marks on them that everyone is mentioning here and I think :dunno: if they were over torqued then the parking stand would not operate corectly

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
Hi shawn, these are the pins with the grease fittings that go through the lift arm and parking stand on the loader. They had the marks on them that everyone is mentioning here and I think :dunno: if they were over torqued then the parking stand would not operate corectly
I have no clue on that but makes sense to me if they were over torqued that the stand wouldn't work well. Pins are also used on the hydraulic rams and I do believe the pins/rams will slide around a bit if I understood what wildbranch2007 was stating correctly.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts