Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
X320, 3720 W/ 300cx loader, 5'ford 917 flail, CL 6' box blade, 64 massy 165
605 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I discovered today, after 4 months ownership, I have mixed tires on the front of my 3720. 1 galaxy mighty mow (matches rear). 1 Carlisle. I was already thinking of replacing with versa turf before discovering this anyway. Although I haven't been able to find a versa turf in this size.
Does Carlisle make a versa turf in 27x8.50-15?
If so can I run them with the existing rear turf tires? (Galaxy mighty mow 41x14-20)
Or Should I just buy a mate to the existing galaxy that matches the rear?
All tires are in excellent shape. Only 560hrs on tractor. I'm assuming the galaxy tires are original and the Carlisle is a replacement from non-repairable damage.

·
Premium Member
3,010 Posts
No . Versa turf only fit 1 series. 26/12/12 is the largest size thy offer.

To find a 27” tire for a 15” rim in a radial tire with similar tread hybrid like tread . I think UTV and truck tires would work .

·
Registered
605 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

To find a 27” tire for a 15” rim in a radial tire with similar tread hybrid like tread . I think UTV and truck tires would work .
Thanks, the 26x12-12 were the biggest I could find as well. Was thinking the versa turf if they made them. For maybe a bit of beter mud/snow traction. Not critical, just figured if I were to replace that's what I'd get. Just couldn't find the right size.

·
Premium Member
2020 1025R, 120R, 54D
4,030 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts

Not that it'll help Dave, but I believe you can also get Versa Turfs for the 2 series tractors. I recently purchased a 2032R and asked my dealer about them. I ended up going with R3's because the lead time to get the Versa Turfs was several weeks longer.

·
Premium Member
3,010 Posts
The 2 series gets a tire that looks a lot like a versa turf, only it’s a galaxy garden pro hybrid turf radial. Very good tire as well. I have a full set on my 2025R, and run them on the front of one of my 5115Rs.

·
Premium Member
2020 1025R, 120R, 54D
4,030 Posts
From the link I posted above:

Are the 12R16.5 and 23x8.50R12 the sizes for the 2025R?

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
If they are all in good condition and the proper size I would just run them.

My tractor had all Titans when I got it. Fronts were worn out and one of the rears had cracks all around the sidewall. I replaced all with Galaxy Mighty Mow tires and have been very pleased. Found them from two different eBay dealers at very low prices. Fronts are 6 ply. Rears came mounted on wheels with a greater offset than stock to widen my stance. Paid $500 for the rears.

·
Registered
146 Posts
The 2 series gets a tire that looks a lot like a versa turf, only it’s a galaxy garden pro hybrid turf radial. Very good tire as well. I have a full set on my 2025R, and run them on the front of one of my 5115Rs.

View attachment 798565
View attachment 798566
How do those Galaxy Gardens perform in the snow? (I see your profile says you are in KS/OK, so maybe that's not a major consideration for you:cool:). I am planning to use my machine for snow removal and hope the R3's will be up to the challenge. If not, hopefully a set of tire chains will do the trick.

·
Registered
605 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
If they are all in good condition and the proper size I would just run them.
Agreed, However my concern in having different brands and especially on 4x4. Is tire rolling circumference. The Galaxy is 6ply, the Carlisle 4ply. Different load ratings and air pressure ranges also. I would think this can have determental effects when in 4x4 operation. Especially if there is a heavy load up front.
The front spindle seals are leaking, I now wonder if this could be part of the cause.

·
Premium Member
3,010 Posts
How do those Galaxy Gardens perform in the snow? (I see your profile says you are in KS/OK, so maybe that's not a major consideration for you:cool:). I am planning to use my machine for snow removal and hope the R3's will be up to the challenge. If not, hopefully a set of tire chains will do the trick.
Don't know about snow first hand, have heard others report good things about them in snow. I am sure still nothing like chains would do for you, especially on ice.

I have not had any issues with turf or Mud around my pond. Seem to clean out pretty decently with mud.

Reactions: Count Chuckula

·
Premium Member
3,010 Posts
Agreed, However my concern in having different brands and especially on 4x4. Is tire rolling circumference. The Galaxy is 6ply, the Carlisle 4ply. Different load ratings and air pressure ranges also. I would think this can have determental effects when in 4x4 operation. Especially if there is a heavy load up front.
The front spindle seals are leaking, I now wonder if this could be part of the cause.
I would not give a second thought to the lead lead lag of the 4x4. unless you have significantly different size tires involved takes a lot more then just a couple inches in Diameter to have any real effects on anything.
Seems Deere has allowed for quite a bit of tolerance there.
You can tell that just by looking at all the differences they offer and how much they can vary in height front to back from one option to another.
I have seen tires fluxgate wildly between brand, model or tread style, etc. etc.
Since I have upgraded just about all my tires on all my tractors, I know first hand there has been some minor changes (2-3 inch differences) that would effect the lead lag yet not any issues at all.

Reactions: Dave in DE

·
Premium Member
3,010 Posts
From the link I posted above:

View attachment 798568

Are the 12R16.5 and 23x8.50R12 the sizes for the 2025R?
Yes, Here are the 2025R's available OE tire sizes, I think those may be fairly new sizes for the Versa turf.
If optioned or ordered from Deere as a kit you get the Galaxy Garden Pro 3s. But those sizes there might be even a better way to go. I did give up just a little ground clearance with my Garden pro sizes Deere sells for the 2025R. Plus you would not have to have new rear wheels. Since that is also a 16.5, just like the R4s that most dealers spec on their stock units.

Reactions: MarkEagleUSA

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
Good point on the ply rating.

Man has everything gone up since I bought last! Cheapest Galaxy 27x8.50-15 I see is $152.46 shipped. I think I got both of mine for less when I bought them.

Reactions: Dave in DE
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.