Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
If they are all in good condition and the proper size I would just run them.

My tractor had all Titans when I got it. Fronts were worn out and one of the rears had cracks all around the sidewall. I replaced all with Galaxy Mighty Mow tires and have been very pleased. Found them from two different eBay dealers at very low prices. Fronts are 6 ply. Rears came mounted on wheels with a greater offset than stock to widen my stance. Paid $500 for the rears.

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
Agreed, However my concern in having different brands and especially on 4x4. Is tire rolling circumference. The Galaxy is 6ply, the Carlisle 4ply. Different load ratings and air pressure ranges also. I would think this can have determental effects when in 4x4 operation. Especially if there is a heavy load up front.
The front spindle seals are leaking, I now wonder if this could be part of the cause.
Good point on the ply rating.

Man has everything gone up since I bought last! Cheapest Galaxy 27x8.50-15 I see is $152.46 shipped. I think I got both of mine for less when I bought them.

Reactions: Dave in DE
1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.