Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
X320, 3720 W/ 300cx loader, 5'ford 917 flail, CL 6' box blade, 64 massy 165
787 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I discovered today, after 4 months ownership, I have mixed tires on the front of my 3720. 1 galaxy mighty mow (matches rear). 1 Carlisle. I was already thinking of replacing with versa turf before discovering this anyway. Although I haven't been able to find a versa turf in this size.
Does Carlisle make a versa turf in 27x8.50-15?
If so can I run them with the existing rear turf tires? (Galaxy mighty mow 41x14-20)
Or Should I just buy a mate to the existing galaxy that matches the rear?
All tires are in excellent shape. Only 560hrs on tractor. I'm assuming the galaxy tires are original and the Carlisle is a replacement from non-repairable damage.

·
Registered
787 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No . Versa turf only fit 1 series. 26/12/12 is the largest size thy offer.

To find a 27” tire for a 15” rim in a radial tire with similar tread hybrid like tread . I think UTV and truck tires would work .
Thanks, the 26x12-12 were the biggest I could find as well. Was thinking the versa turf if they made them. For maybe a bit of beter mud/snow traction. Not critical, just figured if I were to replace that's what I'd get. Just couldn't find the right size.

·
Registered
787 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
If they are all in good condition and the proper size I would just run them.
Agreed, However my concern in having different brands and especially on 4x4. Is tire rolling circumference. The Galaxy is 6ply, the Carlisle 4ply. Different load ratings and air pressure ranges also. I would think this can have determental effects when in 4x4 operation. Especially if there is a heavy load up front.
The front spindle seals are leaking, I now wonder if this could be part of the cause.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.