Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I apparently had an unnoticed leak in my 60in mmm gear box. We tore it apart. Does any one have a parts list for this thing? It looks easy enough to rebuild, two seals & 3 bearings. Does the freeze plug thing need a gasket or just permatex it back in? Looks like this will slow down my mowing operation, I have to finish with my 48in. brush hog. Not ideal but at least I can keep it knocked down.
Automotive tire Wood Paint Road surface Finger

Automotive tire Wood Paint Road surface Finger

·
Registered
2,704 Posts
The two shaft seals are M812158 and M812160.

I can't help you with the rest. I finally gave up on my rebuild and bought a replacement. I was in a hurry to get back mowing and it was taking too long to track down the remaining parts. I couldn't even come close to finding the plug, but as I recall someone said it is a generic itemthat has no Deere part number.

·
Registered
495 Posts
Mr Beef has a complete 3 part youtube video on this gearbox..
Blue Product Font Calendar Gas

·
Registered
2,704 Posts
Mr. Beef never came back with the parts list like he said he would. And IIRC he was a shim short but went ahead and reassembled anyway. I wonder if the rebuild has stood the test of time.

·
Registered
27,532 Posts
Your deck model is not listed but here is an example of parts for the gearbox. Double check your actual deck for the correct parts.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts