Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all. I've only got a few hours on the 1025R using the 54"MMM. How tall of grass have y'all cut using yours and would you recommend a small rotary cutter over the MMM to cut small areas of pasture grass around the farm. The tight areas are just to difficult with the 5320 and the MX8. Not fully sure of the capability of the 1025R yet. Thanks for any help.

·
Premium Member
13,673 Posts
I would think that’d be pretty tough on the spindles and belt.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,882 Posts
I can cut anything I can drive over with my KK rotary cutter and 1026R. I never tried cutting anything other than lawn grass with the mmm.

Every now and then I think about getting a 4’ flail mower, because it would be shorter than the rotary mower and allow me to get in tighter spots.

·
Registered
451 Posts
Cut my back pasture with the MMM on my 445 for many years until I got the Brush Hog for the 1026R. I was cutting once a year and it need to be cut at half passes to get a brush hog quality cut. Now I only mow the back every two-three years just to keep the trees from taking over the area. Trees & Brush was hard on the 445 and the hidden rocks didn't help anything either.

Reactions: kylew
1 - 5 of 5 Posts