Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,593 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here is a mobile work table I built. I started with a purchased one and quickly decided it was not to my standard. I added the liquid bottles and holder, dust pan, bench brush, knee pad, and towel dispenser. The major modification was the fluorescent lighting and the plastic table top. I use this for service work on my automotive lift. It is extreamly dark under a vehicle. I add a cord real and outlets to finish it off. And when not in use as a light table I throw a top pad on it for a work surface. Works great.

Attachments

·
Registered
430 Posts
Randy
Great compilation of some good ideas here. I like the fact that the lights are kept clean with the glass substrate, I need to build a new light table, I have always preferred to have a rolling table available to work off of, no matter where it is. Lots of good ideas in your project.:thumbup1gif:

·
Premium Member
6,593 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys. Wasn't sure anyone would be interested in this stuff.

·
Registered
771 Posts
Here is a mobile work table I built. I started with a purchased one and quickly decided it was not to my standard. I added the liquid bottles and holder, dust pan, bench brush, knee pad, and towel dispenser. The major modification was the fluorescent lighting and the plastic table top. I use this for service work on my automotive lift. It is extreamly dark under a vehicle. I add a cord real and outlets to finish it off. And when not in use as a light table I throw a top pad on it for a work surface. Works great.
Thats a great idea Randy, and my old eyes need all the light they can get.:laugh:

I store my paint cans in one of those plastic 4 gallon milk jug carriers.

·
Premium Member
971 Posts
Now that's a cool "Swiss Army Table" :good2:.

I've got to do better on task lighting. A 300 W Halogen is a point source with all the shadows. Single fluorescent is a line, still have shadows. Now your "plane" of light looks to be just the ticket!

I used to have a stationary light table for circuit board layout, but that is all done with software now. You know, the down side to hanging out around here is the winter project list keeps growing....

Pete

1 - 7 of 7 Posts