Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have found a Model 47 blower that supposedly came off of an x585. Please confirm that this should be a direct fit for my x748 including the pto shaft, quick hitch and implement drive.

·
Administrator
17,975 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the info. It seems to confirm that the x585 and the x748 use the same shaft. Interesting that my local salesman gave me completely different part numbers than these.

Can someone explain what the upstop is and is it a separate part from the implement drive (in other words, is it sometimes lost on used equipment)?

·
Registered
3,544 Posts
Thanks for the info. It seems to confirm that the x585 and the x748 use the same shaft. Interesting that my local salesman gave me completely different part numbers than these.

Can someone explain what the upstop is and is it a separate part from the implement drive (in other words, is it sometimes lost on used equipment)?
I was wondering the same thing when I bought my 47 for my X748 many years ago. It isn't a part at all that I could figure out. If you have the drive shaft, you should be OK

·
Super Moderator
8,046 Posts

The "upstop" is a machine specific "shield" that attaches to the back of the blower fan housing QH mount. It covers the top of the driveshaft where it attaches to the blower input shaft. JD calls it the "PTO PowerGuard Shield." It's #4 in the photo below:

47 SB front drive.jpg

·
Registered
338 Posts
It will be a direct fit. My other question is, what driveshaft do the new blowers use? In the picture it looks like the one from my 1025R, which does work on my X575. Is this the driveshaft they are putting on the blowers now?

Thanks

Adam

1 - 6 of 6 Posts