Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
RIP Ben
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:yahoo:
Kinda excited tonight because I'm going to look at a model 47 backhoe tomorrow and will buy it if it is as described.
Will need to install a power beyond kit on my tractor, but this addition will be a great help to me on my property.

I will follow up and document my experience with the PBY kit and the backhoe.

After lots of shopping and waiting, I'm hoping this will come to pass.

Ben

·
Super Moderator
8,052 Posts
Was the 47 backhoe previously installed on a 4300? If you purchase it make darn sure you get all of the attaching parts for your tractor. Missing pieces / parts can be very expensive.

·
RIP Ben
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Attaching Parts

Was the 47 backhoe previously installed on a 4300? If you purchase it make darn sure you get all of the attaching parts for your tractor. Missing pieces / parts can be very expensive.
Good point. I did repeatedly ask if the attaching parts were there. The owner has the backhoe attached to the tractor now, so I will be sure to remove the rockshaft assist plates and any other items needed to install on my tractor. He is going to load it on my trailer so I won't be able to get it off until I install the mounting plates and power beyond.

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
37,511 Posts
Nice! :thumbup1gif:

·
RIP Ben
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Backhoe

Well, no joy today with the backhoe. It was in rough shape with quite a bit of pitting on the cylinder rods, leaking seals, and general "rode hard and put up wet" condition. I suspect the picture posted on Craigslist was a stock photo because it sure wasn't representative of the backhoe I saw today.
Oh well, still looking.:banghead:

I did score four 20kg suitcase weights for $100.00 though, so the trip was not entirely wasted.:thumbup1gif:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts