Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently purchased a Model 7 backhoe with the associated hardware to mount on a 770 tractor. My tractor is an 855 and I am working on getting it mounted. Of course, none of the brackets are available so am looking to fabricate them locally. The important link is the short one that forms the link to the upper clevis of the 3-point hitch; the link is made of two parts that are pinned together. I need the distance between the two farthest holes of the aftmost link, the one that attaches to the upper point of the hoe.

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
43,021 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Item 26. You are correct, Item 27 is common to a bunch of tractor models, but Item 26 is specific to the 755/855.
Update: I was in my local JD dealer, trying to cobble together Model 46 hardware to get this to fit. The fellow behind the counter suggested we look at a pile of parts he had recently discovered. Well, there was a full kit to mount the Model 7 on an 855. Needless to say, I'm a happy man!

To answer my own question, the spacings are 1.50" between the 2 holes connecting the links (26 & 27) and
6.05" from the 2nd hole to the end hole of #26. There is only one hole where the links attach to the frame of the
backhoe (the picture above shows 2 at each end of #26).

Thanks for responding.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts