Administrator
20,363 Posts
Dadgum, she’s a beauty! :greentractorride: :bigthumb:

·
Registered
3,687 Posts
That truck looks to be WAY over-loaded!! :flag_of_truce:

Great looking tractor, and fun too,,
The "B" was supposed to be my first tractor in 1982,, but,, my BIL talked me into a much lower, wide front end utility tractor,,
I have some pretty steep hills, my BIL convinced me that the B would roll over too easy,,

So, the only 2 cylinder I have ever owned is my JD 650 with a Yanmar 2 cylinder diesel,,
If I labor that tractor at 1,200 RPM,, it kinda sounds like the B,,
maybe some day I will get the B just to run around on my one flat acre,,, :laugh:

·
Registered
37 Posts
Nice tractor! My grandfather had a "B" that I occasionally worked with on the farm. His had a metal seat that wasn't too comfortable and that narrow front end would really snap the steering wheel when it hit a rock in the field.

·
Premium Member
4,732 Posts
My dad just picked one of this up at an auction last week along with an Allis B. I got to help load the cultivator and plow that came with the Allis on a trailer.

The B was smaller than I expected but would make a great parade tractor for someone who didn’t want it to take up a lot of space.

Just noticed. It was the nicest tractor on the lot. :laugh:

·
Premium Member
5,816 Posts
Just noticed this, congrats!

I've raked a lot of hay with a B in my younger days!

·
Premium Member
7,954 Posts
Lucky for you that you drove a Tri-Axle semi tractor and a flatbed to the dealer to get trimmer string.

·
Registered
11,758 Posts
:bigthumb: nice looking ole B. we had a 38 B when i was a kid, in fact that's what throwed me off coasting it down the hill, behind our house when i was around 12 yrs old, threw me off, our wood trailer ran over my left shoulder-and broke my collar bone that day. i still loved that tractor even after that.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts