Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
568 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello changed my oil on my 1935 d (unstyled) and i drained the cam gear sump just like the manual states. there is a fill plug for the cam gear on top by the tool box. how much oil should be in there? i stuck a rod down there and the cavity measures 12" from top of fill hole to bottom. oil is only 1 1/2" up the rod.

is this normal? cant find the answer no where. my op manual says to drain it but says nothing about the level. does it just get lubed with the engine oil when running? i put in 13 qts of oil. i also had to drain the engine oil with this cam gear drain and easily got 3+ gallons out of that plug along with the oil filter.

couldnt drain using the main crankcase plug because some some nice person welded it in!

anyone know????

·
Administrator
20,845 Posts
I can't say exactly, I'm sure someone will help you out exactly soon, but it's common for Deere back then to have shared lube oil in certain compartmentalized areas. For example my 60 has the first gear reduction case on the right hand side behind the clutch. It shares lube with the main transmission, but you have to fill and drain it separately.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts