Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In a few weeks I'm picking up an early Model L. What's the width of rear tires. My trailer is 49" x 97"--hoping I don't have to remove one of the rear tires to make it fit.

·
Super Moderator
5,191 Posts
The original factory dimensions for the L were 47" wide x 93" long. But you'd have to ask whoever owns it how wide the tires they have on it are. There really isn't any way for anyone else to know that, is there?

·
Premium Member
1,113 Posts
If the L has "original size" tires, you'll be OK. I have a 1942 LA and love it. Has this one been restored or is it a project?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
If the L has "original size" tires, you'll be OK. I have a 1942 LA and love it. Has this one been restored or is it a project?
It's a future project, plan to restore and give to my son, he has a small garden patch in rual Maryland. It has the cultivator attachment and a single bottom plow--I'll see it for the first time next month.

Attachments

·
Registered
12,035 Posts
Is that an unstyled L? Either way it is very nice.

·
Premium Member
1,113 Posts
Wow! that's a very collectible tractor. Looks like a Unstyled 1937 or 38 model L and appears to have all the parts still on the tractor. Do you know the serial number? The serial number for the unstyled L began at 621079 in 1937. The ending number is 622580 in 1938. There were 1502 built.

Congrats, it is a rare tractor. In fully restored condition with original parts, between $6000 to $8000.

And it looks like those are the original tires so your trailer should work. Thanks for that picture, it made my day.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts