Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Decided to fix them how they should have been on my 1025R. I'm sure I'm not the only one who's done this. I removed the brackets, installed weatherpack connectors, and added earth magnets to my lamp guards. Now, they will just pop off if I smack another low hanging tree limb, or I can just unplug them when not needed. Angle is a little different, and they sit a little lower. Going to add a steel cable to them to catch them from ripping the wires should they get knocked off again.

Automotive parking light Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive lighting Vehicle

·
Registered
3,263 Posts
Why not just move them to the inside?
It looks like he has a backhoe in his signature. So moving them to the inside might not be an option for him. Since they might be in the way then.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Why not just move them to the inside?
As Mackford13 mentioned, I do have the backhoe. But, I rarely flip the seat around and use it that way. Maybe if I'm digging something deep. My lazy butt stands off to the driver's side and works the levers that way when I'mdogging a trench, stump, or anything where I have to move around frequently. With what I've done here, moving them where needed takes just seconds.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Are earth magnets more powerful then other types of magnets?
They are for sure. Eastwood company sells them for welding in cylinder shapes to hold panels together while stitch welding. The ones i used here are bar shaped. They are strong but fragile. If they stick together hard they will shatter.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.