Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a fertilizer spreader shortly after buying my tractor. The tractor came with the I-Match quick hitch. I had never used a quick hitch before so I didn't know to ask if the spreader was compatible. It isn't. I'd like to modify it to make it compatible.

It appears that the handle needs to be raised to get over the top bar of the hitch. The top link attaching point could be lowered. Has anyone else made this modification?

·
Registered
126 Posts
Took some time, but I adapted ALL my attachments to the IMATCH......cut, weld, bolt, modify......whatever it takes to get it to fit. You only have to do it once. After that backup......lower.......raise.....off you go. What a time saver. No more kicking your shoes to death, cussing, etc. ONCE and done.

·
Registered
12,342 Posts
1oldtruck--this is the reason i bought one that is already I-match ready-a frontier spreader. indeed it was over my budget, but other wise i think from reading about others, i wanted to attach and play. sometimes u just have to bite the bullet and pay the price. good luck-remodded urs oh. and post some pics when u get it done, as others will want to see how u did it-ok.

·
Registered
3,199 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,593 Posts
Yup, modified mine and here are the pics. I also added the remote cable control.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
6,593 Posts
OK, finally found my spreader modification thread and here it is.

Modified Spreader

·
Registered
439 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,593 Posts
Nice job! Before you made the remote cable setup, had you considered using a linear actuator?
Yeah, I considered it and hydraulics, just wasn't ready to go down that path yet. The remote cable is an option of the spreader. Who knows, :unknown: maybe it is in my future. The setup is actually working quite well right now.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
OK, finally found my spreader modification thread and here it is.

Modified Spreader
Thanks Randy. That's a bit more than I was planning to do. Now I have to rethink my plan. That cable set up is a much better idea.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts