Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a King Kutter XB landscape rake I'm trying to make QH compatible, the biggest issue is the top link. Its about 3" too tall and also sits behind the lift pins by about 3". I got started last night cutting some plates out of a piece of 3/16" plate I have laying around, I only have a 4-1/2" grinder to do the cutting so it took a good bit of time. I have a drill bit on order to make the holes for the pin which I should get tomorrow and I hope to finish this up this weekend. These should change the lift pin - top link spacing to 15" to match everything else I have, while at the same time put them in the same vertical plane.

Reactions: gdow and BigJim55

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
41,302 Posts
I use one of these, works well.

Reactions: Poppi and gdow

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I use one of these, works well.
I looked at those (it was even your pictures I've seen in a different thread that led me to that), wasn't sure it would accomplish this particular task. There isn't clearance at the bottom of the stock top link location for the QH hook to be there. There is a center diagonal support right below the top link location so I would have to remove the hook everytime as well. Not a big deal except I would have had to buy pins as my hook right now is bolted. Moving it out and down should make it seamless and be just like any other implement. No extra steps or pieces.

Did you have to remove the hook on yours as well? It looks like its missing on the second picture, but I also see yours is pinned. By the time I was going to buy the bracket and pins, I figured it was just the same for me to make a permanent fix.

Reactions: gdow and Gizmo2

·
Premium Member
1,814 Posts
I did that to a bunch of implements. My subsoiler, dethatcher and my EA pine needle rake.

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
41,302 Posts
Did you have to remove the hook on yours as well?
First off they are not my pictures, I got them off the Internet, cause I'm too lazy to take pictures of mine plus I forget to. :ROFLMAO:
Yes I need to remove the hook.

Reactions: Poppi, gdow and SRG

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
First off they are not my pictures, I got them off the Internet, cause I'm too lazy to take pictures of mine plus I forget to. :ROFLMAO:
Yes I need to remove the hook.
Now that's funny. I've seen those pictures previously, I assumed they were something you posted on this forum before when you put them here.

Reactions: gdow and Gizmo2

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Finished today, works great. It was worth it for the price I paid for this rake, no regrets.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
187 Posts
Finished today, works great. It was worth it for the price I paid for this rake, no regrets.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I hope those lower pins hold up for you. That looks like a lot of leverage hooked that far from where they attach to the rake.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts