Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know it has been brought up before in the past. It was posted before that Deere won't cover it under warranty. So I called they dealer today to see it they knew about the problem. My Dealer was not aware of this issue. They said they would order a new cluster and replace it under warranty. I will see if it gets replaced when the new cluster shows up.
The issue started last summer with moisture. Now it is worst this year when it is exposed to the sun. I could not even read the cluster because of all the moisture inside.

·
Registered
7,931 Posts
I know it has been brought up before in the past. It was posted before that Deere won't cover it under warranty. So I called they dealer today to see it they knew about the problem. My Dealer was not aware of this issue. They said they would order a new cluster and replace it under warranty. I will see if it gets replaced when the new cluster shows up.
The issue started last summer with moisture. Now it is worst this year when it is exposed to the sun. I could not even read the cluster because of all the moisture inside.
What was the delivery date on your machine?

How many hours are on it?

It's always best to present your situation on your machine to your service manager at the dealer you work with. While there are some very clear cut cases where items have been not covered under warranty, if your machine is within the time frame and hours of the warranty period, its always a good idea to ask about the issue you are having with your machine.

Not only does it not cost anything to ask, there might have been other circumstances in the rejection of someone else's claim which don't apply in your situation. Nothing ventured, nothing gained.......

The dash unit is not a low cost item. Do you have an idea of how or where the moisture is getting in the dash unit?

If you could, post a picture of how it looks, just for others to see the severity.

Good luck with the repair and make sure to let us know how it turns out.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Date of service 10/16 with 85 hours.
This is the first time I ever called the dealer about warranty work. He was nice enough to offer pickup and drop off for free since I bought it from there. He even told me if I have any other warranty issues that I could think of since they will have it.

·
Registered
3,218 Posts
Lol it's normal and has been for years now.
What's normal?...That dealers are fixing it under warranty, or that it's normal for moisture to accumulate inside the cluster?:laugh:

·
Registered
7,931 Posts
What's normal?...That dealers are fixing it under warranty, or that it's normal for moisture to accumulate inside the cluster?:laugh:
I hope it's the dealers fixing it as I sure wouldn't tolerate any moisture obstructing anything in the dash......

·
Premium Member
10,699 Posts
I thought that moisture in the dash was a design feature.:dunno:

It seems like they all have it it must have been on purpose.
I think you are right. Even the small hour meter display on my X500 is usually fogged up while the tractor is in operation, making it almost impossible to read.

·
Premium Member
13,952 Posts
I was told Deere WOULD NOT REPLACE the dash on Harleys x738.. that was 2 years ago.
:dunno::dunno:

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
I mowed with my X739 today. I started before lunch. There was no moisture on the dash when I started. I stopped for lunch, the mower set out in the sun for about an hour. When I went back to start mowing again, there was now moisture under the dash glass.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Same here and I didn't even wash it this year yet

I mowed with my X739 today. I started before lunch. There was no moisture on the dash when I started. I stopped for lunch, the mower set out in the sun for about an hour. When I went back to start mowing again, there was now moisture under the dash glass.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Same here... my x739 has 9 hours on it. It shows no moisture prior to use in winter or summer. After use while throwing snow and now using it to set the docks it had some moisture appear after use. An hour or two in the garage and it's gone. I called and they said it was not replaceable under warranty. I didn't press the issue yet.

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
The moisture shows up when they are out in the sun for a while.

If anyone has had the gauge cluster replaced I'd be curious to hear if it fully resolved the issue or if the new cluster eventually did it too.

Rob

·
Premium Member
10,699 Posts

If anyone has had the gauge cluster replaced I'd be curious to hear if it fully resolved the issue or if the new cluster eventually did it too.

Rob
I wonder what would happen if you drilled a small hole for ventilation, something like a 1/16” hole in the corner.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)

Rob
The dealer just called me today and said the new cluster came in for replacement. I'm going to have them pick it up on Monday since I want to get mowing done over the weekend.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
Got my x738 back today with the new cluster. Left it outside. No moisture so far. But it is only 64 degrees and partly cloudy. According to the hour meter I have a new tractor with 0.0 hours. My hour meter is at 0 with the new cluster. I only had 85 hours on it before it was changed out. Now I with have to keep track when I do maintenance in the future.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Got my x738 back today with the new cluster. Left it outside. No moisture so far. But it is only 64 degrees and partly cloudy. According to the hour meter I have a new tractor with 0.0 hours. My hour meter is at 0 with the new cluster. I only had 85 hours on it before it was changed out. Now I with have to keep track when I do maintenance in the future.
Yea that was the same for me, except I had 3 hours. Oh well. I haven't seen the moisture yet this season but I saw it not long after it was replaced. Seems to be a right of passage with a John Deere mower :lol:

·
Premium Member
765 Posts
I have mine going in for a 50hr service in the next week or two and will be having them replace my cluster under warranty due to this fogging.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I have mine going in for a 50hr service in the next week or two and will be having them replace my cluster under warranty due to this fogging.
Make sure you keep track of the hours of the old cluster for maintenance. It will be back to 0.0 with the new cluster.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts