·
Registered
741 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Reactions: Gizmo2 and jdmich

·
Chief Stick-picker-upper
11,794 Posts
With your shipping charge, it's still less expensive than the ones(450Lb. cap) I've seen.

Reactions: rod330

·
Registered
741 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
With your shipping charge, it's still less expensive than the ones(450Lb. cap) I've seen.
True, and I didn't realize RK had their own review system- all of which were good. Likewise, Amazon's reviews were very good too.

I currently have TSC's lift which works OK but I don't think it's the same quality of the MoJack. It's been a total PITA lifting and transporting it back and forth between our Ohio and Pennsylvania locations so having a second lift would be nice.

Lastly, I noticed there is a free shipping option so it's too good to pass up.

·
Old Pa-pa
11,942 Posts
Have to ask, what are you going to be lifting with it?

·
Registered
741 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
I have a Deere x540 in Ohio that I use to mow about 2 acres of lawn. In Pennsylvania, I have a Deere x720 and a GT225 with mulching blades to mow about 2-1/2 acres around the house. I'm certainly not planning to lift my two 3270's with MMM decks with this :laugh:

Unfortunately, we had such a wet spring that I've had to mow under less than ideal conditions so I've tried to be a little more diligent about cleaning the decks. Plus, the morning dew in Pennsylvania sometimes does not dry up until noon (especially in shady areas) so I'm occasionally mowing when the grass isn't completely dry.

·
Premium Member
13,047 Posts
I have a Deere x540 in Ohio that I use to mow about 2 acres of lawn. In Pennsylvania, I have a Deere x720 and a GT225 with mulching blades to mow about 2-1/2 acres around the house.
Are you planning to use all of these with the EZ Max? The X720 may be a tad too heavy for that model.

·
Registered
23,288 Posts
I have a Deere x540 in Ohio that I use to mow about 2 acres of lawn. In Pennsylvania, I have a Deere x720 and a GT225 with mulching blades to mow about 2-1/2 acres around the house. I'm certainly not planning to lift my two 3270's with MMM decks with this :laugh:

Unfortunately, we had such a wet spring that I've had to mow under less than ideal conditions so I've tried to be a little more diligent about cleaning the decks. Plus, the morning dew in Pennsylvania sometimes does not dry up until noon (especially in shady areas) so I'm occasionally mowing when the grass isn't completely dry.
Yeah - there is something to be said about Pennsylvania dew!

Reactions: Old Cajun

·
Registered
741 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Are you planning to use all of these with the EZ Max? The X720 may be a tad too heavy for that model.
Yes, I was expecting to use the EZ Max with the x720....but I had better confirm it will be safe. Thanks for the heads up.

Reactions: Old Cajun

·
Registered
180 Posts
Yes, I was expecting to use the EZ Max with the x720....but I had better confirm it will be safe. Thanks for the heads up.
The X720 is 844lbs dry and the decks are 48" - 117lbs, 54" - 170lbs, and 62" - 200lbs. I think you would be pushing the limits of what that jack can do with that tractor.

·
Premium Member
2,795 Posts
I have the MOJACK PRO with a 750lb ratting. The main thing to remember is you are not lifting the whole machine. I went with the pro because I had a 420. it works well very happy. Plan on using it with my Z970R when the time comes. Mine was 430$ thru home depot mail order.

Reactions: rod330 and Gizmo2

·
Registered
741 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The X720 is 844lbs dry and the decks are 48" - 117lbs, 54" - 170lbs, and 62" - 200lbs. I think you would be pushing the limits of what that jack can do with that tractor.
Thanks, Tom....I guess this won't be the last time I make a dumb decision! Interestingly enough I've not had any issues raising it with my TSC lift which appears to be far less robust. I've always rigged up car jack stands as an extra precaution but maybe I've just been lucky with the x720. I'll rethink everything and appreciate the feedback.

·
Premium Member
7,920 Posts
I would want something with hydraulic lift versus a screw jack, unless I found the wrong Mojack at RK, the link no longer works.

·
Registered
741 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I would want something with hydraulic lift versus a screw jack, unless I found the wrong Mojack at RK, the link no longer works.
My older TSC lift is rated at 500lbs and has a hydraulic lift. I'm planning to use it for the x720 and keep the MoJack in Ohio for my x540. I always rig up 2 car jack stands as an extra precaution.

Reactions: flyweight
1 - 14 of 14 Posts