Green Tractor Talk banner

More Front Quick Hitch troubles.

3K views 16 replies 9 participants last post by  wired 
#1 ·
After what I found today persuing the posts here http://www.greentractortalk.com/for...e-cylinder-fittings-54-plow-3.html#post195229 I though I'd start a new thread on "other stuff" you can find on the QH if you look.

Angle cylinder front pin seems a bit high! Strange, probably broke off the bottom roll pin.

Auto part Fuel line Pipe
Auto part

There it is! Roll pin busted clean off on both sides. With all the dirt in there it sure looks like a roll pin...

Cylinder Material property

But, it's not a strong hefty roll pin.... It's a wimpy small cotter pin and right down under there where all the action happens plowing snow and dirt and especially "back blading". Half of what I pushed out...

Text Font Auto part Label

And crude as it might be, the pin won't be moving again this season. I put the actual "single top roll pin" on the bottom and the hitch pin on the top with the patented "Shoddy Industries Safety Wire System"...

Metal

Good thing I found this when I did as that 1/2" pin was slightly bent, but not enough to affect reinstallation... So be sure to watch for this condition among all the other conditions on your own personal quick hitches. (They are called quick hitches because they get "hitches" in 'em real "quick".):laugh:

See less See more
#4 ·
I've been pretty fussy checking on the swing piston hydraulic connections (@ the piston) since they were loose enough to leak right after delivery. But I certainly wouldn't want to have to pay JD prices for another one of those 1/2" drilled steel rods (I'd head for the HW store first for a long bolt/nuts!:laugh:).

Everything is back together today including a re-re-routing/grouping of the lines going back to the QC's AND another new blue bungee at the back of the brush guard. I certainly enjoy JD's trust in us to use our own methods of suspending that bunch of lines away from the front tire! And I so love being "creative" with color!:laugh:

Reactions: BigJim55 and Gizmo2
#5 ·
But I certainly wouldn't want to have to pay JD prices for another one of those 1/2" drilled steel rods (I'd head for the HW store first for a long bolt/nuts!:laugh:).
Looks like M90097 ( $7.55 )

Reactions: BigJim55
#13 ·
Just buy the front mount 47 or 54 front snow blower. Then you just pin the hitch in straight position. No need to worry about the hydro turn cylinder. Thanks
Not a chance! I HAVE read all the problems folks are having with shaking, noise/vibration, faux plastic impellers, driveshafts, etc. on those PRICEY snow blowers. If the snow gets where I can't plow it I'll start up my GX335/42" single stage and run that (did that once this year already). That unit has been flawless throwing snow for near 10 years. It's simple, tried and true in all types of snow.

Reactions: coaltrain
#16 ·
I have a 47, I also have a 72" plow. I plow early untill the ice road is well established then I put the blower on. That blower is a champ. It will throw snow 50' under the right conditions. I do an 850' and 1000' ft driveways. I run about 2000-2200 rpm that the speed it likes. With the blower you move it once and done. You don't ever run out of room. I moved snow around 100 hrs last winter and getting close to that this year. Given a choice Id keep the blower over the plow. I have sheared a few pins from stciks and stones and a blanket once, but thats what the shear pins are for. I bought mine used on CL for $700 I had to drive a little to get it. I am glad I did. Now if I could just find a 54.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.