Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just came across a link to an European JD dealer. There are some more pictures of the new X7XX and more interesting, some technical data. For example, the new X758 weighs 998 lbs. Length and width are the same but the wheelbase is 1" shorter. It also suggests that JD is using the 1.1 litre motor.

Here is the link:

*NIEUW* John Deere X758 24pk 3 cilinder diesel 4WD (excl. maaiwerk)

·
Registered
66 Posts
They do seem to have lost a bit of weight. I will wait until I see one in person to make my judgement, but I doubt I will be trading in my 07 Deere X744 or 06 X748 anytime soon for a new X7 series.
Seems like the older X7 series ( 2006- 2012) were a lot heavier built. Don't plan to upgrade anytime soon, although I would not mind Demoing one. You never know when my lawn care business will be upgrading mowers again.
I want to know if the new high capacity deck will fit my X744 or X748. Really don't want to trade tractors because of the mower deck.

Jason B

·
Registered
3,553 Posts
"Seems like the older X7 series ( 2006- 2012) were a lot heavier built."
Hadn't been over to the garden tractor ads @ JD's site until last night (concentrating on 1026's+). I notice that JD is actually calling the X Series "Lawn Tractors" now. I guess that makes the SCUT's more "hefty" appearing...

And, somehow JD has now got my Email address and I was blessed(?) with a MTV style musical/visual "treat" regarding the new X series mower deck. They didn't quite call it as such, but they did stress the "9 gauge" metal thickness and little else. I wonder how thick my 48C really is in "gauge" numbers. BTW, I thought the music was geared more to the juvenile end of the buyer spectrum. AND there's no opt out for their Emails...

JD really needs to get a handle on their web offerings as they appear very amaturish. When you click on the 1026r you get info on the 1025r and can't get the 1026. How hard is it to keep a simple title on a website updated to the current information anyway? If you still have 1026's for sale, then give the spec's for that tractor. I guess I expect too much from them in the manuals and website areas.

·
Administrator
22,238 Posts
Hadn't been over to the garden tractor ads @ JD's site until last night (concentrating on 1026's+). I notice that JD is actually calling the X Series "Lawn Tractors" now. I guess that makes the SCUT's more "hefty" appearing...

And, somehow JD has now got my Email address and I was blessed(?) with a MTV style musical/visual "treat" regarding the new X series mower deck. They didn't quite call it as such, but they did stress the "9 gauge" metal thickness and little else. I wonder how thick my 48C really is in "gauge" numbers. BTW, I thought the music was geared more to the juvenile end of the buyer spectrum. AND there's no opt out for their Emails...

JD really needs to get a handle on their web offerings as they appear very amaturish. When you click on the 1026r you get info on the 1025r and can't get the 1026. How hard is it to keep a simple title on a website updated to the current information anyway? If you still have 1026's for sale, then give the spec's for that tractor. I guess I expect too much from them in the manuals and website areas.
Their site is forever evolving. Sometimes you just have to keep an eye out for what you're looking for. Here's the link for the 1026R. :good2:

·
Registered
3,553 Posts
Thanks Jason, I musta mis-clicked a couple times the other night.:laugh: I already have that 1026 link in my "Cosmioc Ultimate Absolute Favorites" along with all the "stuff" pages that goes with it. Time is drawing near...!:laugh:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.