Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Maybe 8-10" of powder moved last evening. Long low quality video!

Attachments

Reactions: kabic

·
Registered
479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So do you have a phone mount on your ROPS?

I am looking for an easy phone mount for my cab. Not for video, but for bluetooth radio and calls.
I don't have one. I just taped my camera to the ROPS to grab this vid.
The image stabilization works well! It looked like the camera was going to vibrate right off the mount (at least at idle). I would think the best option for a phone would be on a flexible stalk, something like what we have in our car- that would probably minimize vibration and allow for best positioning.

Reactions: cser05

·
Registered
446 Posts
Very Nice! Now to find the thread where you built your FEL plow.

I spent some time cleaning some snow lastnight as well. I took all of the snow from my driveway and mounded in the backyard for the kids to play on.

·
Registered
479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Very Nice! Now to find the thread where you built your FEL plow.

I spent some time cleaning some snow lastnight as well. I took all of the snow from my driveway and mounded in the backyard for the kids to play on.
I have three+ sizeable piles now myself!
The plow is a 60" warn atv blade, with wings. I just took it off the atv push tube assembly, and adapted the swiveling plate to a 2" square tube, which fits right into the loader receiver tube. A previous thread has some pictures of the multi-purpose loader mount i constructed.

·
Premium Member
20,170 Posts
I have three+ sizeable piles now myself!
The plow is a 60" warn atv blade, with wings. I just took it off the atv push tube assembly, and adapted the swiveling plate to a 2" square tube, which fits right into the loader receiver tube. A previous thread has some pictures of the multi-purpose loader mount i constructed.
Very nice and good video.. Just noticed NO steering wheel spinner !! My 2 cents makes doing outside work so much nicer.

·
Registered
479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Very nice and good video.. Just noticed NO steering wheel spinner !! My 2 cents makes doing outside work so much nicer.
I've never tried a spinner. Considered putting one on my boat a few years back, but i was concerned it might just get in the way.

·
Premium Member
20,170 Posts
When I mow or plowing ,blowing snow if I touch the steering wheel 5 times in 2 or 3 hrs on tractor I'm doing good. For my personal taste the wheel spinner is the only way to go.
Good luck and still liked your video very good.

·
Registered
479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
When I mow or plowing ,blowing snow if I touch the steering wheel 5 times in 2 or 3 hrs on tractor I'm doing good. For my personal taste the wheel spinner is the only way to go.
Good luck and still liked your video very good.
I see JD sells one, and they only recommend it for lawn & garden equipment. Do you have one that clamps inline with the wheel? Or is it offset?

·
Administrator
22,445 Posts
I see JD sells one, and they only recommend it for lawn & garden equipment. Do you have one that clamps inline with the wheel? Or is it offset?
I had one on my R and it worked very well. :good2:

Vehicle Tractor Steering wheel Motor vehicle Steering part

In fact I'm looking for it now so I can install it on my 2720. Can't seem to find it...:unknown:

·
Premium Member
20,170 Posts
Clamps on the steering wheel , TSC sells them. SIL bought a spinner that has a plastic bottom base, my has the metal base for the bottom . Seems like after getting mine tightened on the steering wheel it has not moved , even after grabbing it getting on the tractor. The plastic base one that SIL put on his seems to move on his 2305 steering wheel after retighting it 3 or 4 times. Just my 2 cents

·
Registered
383 Posts
Looks good, what does your plow angling? Do you run the loader in float position?

·
Premium Member
3,207 Posts
That works real nice Rockshaft, thanks for posting.

Being midway into my first year with the tractor using the back blower or the back blade plus the fel bucket I am convinced I want a blade on the loader. I almost bought one in the fall but it was stricty manual with no trip springs so I backed off. Seeing how yours works well with the angle adjustment makes me glad I did hold off at that time. I do like leaving the loader on for moving firewood so that's the main reason I never went with a front blower.

·
Registered
479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Looks good, what does your plow angling? Do you run the loader in float position?
I'm using a Warner Linear Actuator aka Bear Linear. Its their K2X line.

I usually stay in float quite a bit, but if I'm pushing a significant pile, I have to click out of float and give it some amount of lift. I have about 150lbs on the front frame, and if I added more I could probably overcome this, but it really doesn't impact the plowing enough to bother.

·
Registered
479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
That works real nice Rockshaft, thanks for posting.

Being midway into my first year with the tractor using the back blower or the back blade plus the fel bucket I am convinced I want a blade on the loader. I almost bought one in the fall but it was stricty manual with no trip springs so I backed off. Seeing how yours works well with the angle adjustment makes me glad I did hold off at that time. I do like leaving the loader on for moving firewood so that's the main reason I never went with a front blower.

This Warn blade has a full blade hinge forward spring trip. The same plow on my ATV also had a left/right trip via the shear bolt at the angle actuator. It was a pain to commonly break this pin, so I over-bored and installed a slightly larger pin.
When I adapted for the FEL, I decided to use a different angle actuator, and I fear I've further reduced the L/R shear function with even larger hardware. That said, with the ATV I could plow at really high speed, and this probably led to more pin failure than would on the 1026R

I've considered both front (at time of tractor purchase) and rear blowers. I decided against it for the reason you mention, as well as price, and the roughness of our driveway. I've used blowers in the past and they do a great job of *not* increasing the berm at the perimeter!

·
Premium Member
1026R. Grand Cherokee, Sante Fe Sport
1,503 Posts
Great vid Rockshaft! look forward to seeing how high the snow piles up through Feb.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Your plowing rig definitely gets the job done.

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
I had one on my R and it worked very well. :good2:

View attachment 14468

In fact I'm looking for it now so I can install it on my 2720. Can't seem to find it...:unknown:
Jason, is it one of these? There is the all plastic and also the metal clamp. I use the metal clamp one and as one other person wrote it holds solid.

Welcome to GreenPartStore - John Deere Parts Superstore. Parts for John Deere farm equipment, John Deere Lawn Tractors, John Deere Garden Tractors, John Deere Walkbehind Mowers, John Deere Front Mount Mowers

I am sure that Green Farm Parts have these as well but when I did a search for John Deere Wheel Spinners nothing came up. You can get the part numbers off of Green Part Store as well.

·
Administrator
22,445 Posts
Jason, is it one of these? There is the all plastic and also the metal clamp. I use the metal clamp one and as one other person wrote it holds solid.

Welcome to GreenPartStore - John Deere Parts Superstore. Parts for John Deere farm equipment, John Deere Lawn Tractors, John Deere Garden Tractors, John Deere Walkbehind Mowers, John Deere Front Mount Mowers

I am sure that Green Farm Parts have these as well but when I did a search for John Deere Wheel Spinners nothing came up. You can get the part numbers off of Green Part Store as well.
I know I took it of the R before I traded it in. I'm not that disorganized that I shouldn't be able to find it.:lol: Just hasn't been a priority...

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.