Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,803 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Our property is 1-1/2 acres, so several years ago, I had an 18' x 21' metal carport w/6' legs installed out back: 58-720D.jpg

I have since enclosed it with doors on both ends: HPIM3184.JPG HPIM3186.JPG

HPIM3182.JPG HPIM3185.JPG

Some inside shelving: HPIM3187.JPG

In July, I started looking for another carport to split & make a lean-to on the north side of this one. Only source I found that would sell one delivered, but not set up was Carolina Carports (Elephant Structures). Ordered it July 10th, was delivered yesterday evening:
HPIM3188.JPG

More to come! ~~ Lowell

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
36,023 Posts
Lowell, I like your building. Have you ever had any issues with snow loads?

·
Premium Member
5,803 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Premium Member
5,803 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Made up the first bracket today: HPIM3198.JPG HPIM3199.JPG HPIM3200.JPG

I'll need to cut the legs to length when I get that far, planning to set the sill pieces on concrete cap blocks. HPIM3201.JPG

I have the other four brackets cut out, still need to drill, weld & paint them! ~~ Lowell

·
Premium Member
5,803 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Bolted the brackets on this morning, pretty tough drilling: HPIM1338.JPG HPIM1337.JPG

Legs will be cut to 50" to make the sides plumb, giving me 6' clearance on the outside & 7' on the inside. HPIM1339.JPG

Lowell

·
Premium Member
5,803 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Got the sheet metal on today, still need to put on the trim. This is the west end, which will get double doors, eventually. HPIM1342.JPG The wood wall on the right is the end of the woodshed.

East end will probably just get one 4' door: HPIM1345.JPG

Anchor attachment, one on each end: HPIM1343.JPG ~~ Lowell

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
36,023 Posts
Now we're getting someplace. Looking good grnspot110.
I have to wonder why you didn't just put up the whole building? Maybe I missed something from before.

·
Premium Member
5,803 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Now we're getting someplace. Looking good grnspot110.
I have to wonder why you didn't just put up the whole building? Maybe I missed something from before.
Just needed the lean-to here, the rest will make a 10-1/2' x 18' shade over the picnic table & storage at the farm: HPIM1215.JPG The old shed isn't in good shape & I'm loosing some of my shade trees out there. ~~ Lowell

·
Premium Member
5,803 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I took the remaining carport frame parts to the farm today, I'll need a couple treated 4x4's & a 2x6 to finish the frame. The 10 x 18' shade will cover the picnic table & to the right (northeast) in the picture: HPIM3244.JPG

I will need to cut a couple dying trees, the tall stump & the old shed before setting up the new shade. ~~ Lowell

·
Premium Member
5,803 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
It never ends does it?
I can always find something to do, just don't get in too big of a hurry about it! :lol:~~ Lowell

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
36,023 Posts
I can always find something to do, just don't get in too big of a hurry about it! :lol:~~ Lowell
Here as well, there is literally ALWAYS something to do. Too much property, too many buildings and too many animals.

·
Bonehead Club Lackey
10,192 Posts
I only have one question. What happened to the 720 diesel? That's my favorite all time John Deere.:greentractorride:

·
Premium Member
14,083 Posts
Very nice .Thanks for posting the photos.

·
Premium Member
5,803 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I only have one question. What happened to the 720 diesel? That's my favorite all time John Deere.:greentractorride:
I grew up on that tractor, literally, Dad bought it new as a leftover in 1959.After he died, when Mom decided to move to town, I brought it home. Cleaned it up & repainted it, used it for shows & plow days until I got into the garden tractors. scan0008.jpg TRACTOR SHOWS 2008 084 (Small).jpg GARDEN TRACTORS 043.jpg

Also light it up with Christmas lights each year: Picture 231a.jpg

After getting into the garden tractor hobby, I only started the "diesel" 3-4 times/ year, so it was time for someone else to have it. It went to a collector in IL in '08 when I bought the 420 GARDEN TRACTORS 395 (Small).jpg

Just a couple mre pics: TRACTOR SHOWS 2006 013a.jpg TRACTOR SHOWS 2006 081.jpg ~~ Lowell

·
Administrator
20,350 Posts
Awesome pics. :thumbup1gif:

I just love the 2 cylinder diesel poppers. Really cool old tractors.

·
Premium Member
5,803 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Finally found it! This picture was taken when I brought the "diesel" (as we called it) home from the farm. I'd taken it to the car wash with the 520. scan0001.jpg ~~ Lowell

·
Bonehead Club Lackey
10,192 Posts
Well I gotta say your garden tractor collection is impressive too. Glad the "diesel" got a good home. :greentractorride:

·
Premium Member
5,803 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Spent the last couple of days framing in the ends, double doors for the west end: HPIM1353.JPG

Single 4' door on the east end: HPIM1356.JPG

Don't have the metal for the ends yet, maybe next week sometime!

Also put racks on the walls for trailer sides: HPIM1355.JPG ~~ Lowell

1 - 20 of 51 Posts