Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Premium Member
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Apologies if this has been asked before, but I’m wondering what everyone considers to be their most used/useful attachments?

Thanks,
Martin

·
Super Moderator
2,448 Posts
Pallet forks and ballast box, hands down.

·
Registered
187 Posts
It should be grapple bucket but the last 6 months it's been pallet forks. Remodeling son's house...

·
Registered
692 Posts
Pallet forks for sure. I use box blade quite often for road repair and rotary cutter is invaluable when needed but the pallet forks are used constantly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,642 Posts
Grapple

In probable order of my use- your use may vary
FEL with grapple
FEL with bucket
Bush Hog
FEL with pallet forks= forks are shared with a larger Kubota with more lift capacity
Rear blade/box blade (about the same)
Almost forgot- spot/boomless sprayer mounted on 3ph carryall- great for small areas, not so good for large ones

Treefarmer

·
Premium Member
9,697 Posts
#1 is the grapple, hands down.

#2 is the backhoe and loader bucket.

#3 is the box blade.

#4 is the bush hog.

#5 is the pallet forks.

·
Registered
250 Posts
In order of use
1)Belly mower
2)Heavy Hitch Weight Bracket
3)Front end loader with A) bucket B) forks
4)Landscape Rake
5)Tiller
6)Bush Hog
7)Front Mount Snow Blower
8)Back Hoe, but I expect this to move up the list a lot after I have owned it longer

·
Registered
129 Posts
Pallet forks and it's not even close. I thought I would love my box blade but I had become so proficient with back blading using my bucket, I sold my box blade to a neighbor about 2 months after buying it. Just never used it. Of course I don't have a long gravel driveway to maintain either...

·
Registered
2,249 Posts
120R and everything I have welded, fabbed, bolted onto it including ballast. Kinda why I bought it to clear my land. Close second 60D but it will surpass the 120R once my land is where it needs to be after next summer.

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
Based off hours of use:
1) belly mower
2) snow blower
3) Tiller
4) Loader w/ bucket
5) Rear blade
6) Loader with forks

·
Premium Member
13,640 Posts
If I base it on hours of use like Cutty did:

1. FEL/bucket and box blade, together they can make a lot of good things happen
2.Brush hog
3.FEL with hay spears
4.Tiller
5.FEL w/pallet forks

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
Apologies if this has been asked before, but I’m wondering what everyone considers to be their most used/useful attachments?

Thanks,
Martin
Most useful for what? I'm not a real Tractor Man, I'm a suburban tractor dilettante...so for me, it would be pallet forks, FEL bucket, Ratchet Rake, pine straw rake, and the wooden carry box I cobbled together for my pallet forks. Your needs may be different than mine (or anybody else's here). I have no need of a grapple, mower, nor backhoe, and absolutely NO need for a tiller or box blade, but my needs may not be reflective of your needs for your tractor. I do think that some kind of ballast is important if you're going to use your FEL for anything useful. My preference is ballast box, mainly because it's simple and cheap...I don't need the flexibility of a Heavy Hitch rack and $1000 worth of weights.

This 4x4 box that I made for my pallet forks may be the most useful attachment I have.

·
Registered
692 Posts
Wow. I’m surprised at how high tillers are on peoples list. Some say they used them more than fel. Neat to see how people use their machines. I also use my mmm once a week so can’t forget that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
9,121 Posts
Based upon time spent on the machine......

1. Rear carry all (it's on 99% of the time since its also the source of varying ballast from 300 to 850 pounds)
2. Front end loader with equal uses of pallet forks and bucket with Ken's Hooks (on machine when plow isn't)
3. Custom Built 87" Wide Snow Plow blade on Quick hitch (average about 150 hours of use a winter)
4. RC2048 Rear mower
5. Frontier 60" Core Aerator
6. Frontier 3 point Sprayer, used maybe 8 hours a year

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On the flip side of the coin, Implements I own which I am very likely going to sell due to lack of use and they occupy precious space. All implements have I Match bushings except for Drag Harrow. All items have either very little or no use and are in very good condition.

Frontier 48" Box Blade, Used a few times, I have gotten so good at smoothing with the loader bucket, I rarely use the Box Blade

Frontier 60" Landscape Rake, Used it to redo one neighbors lawn. Hasn't been used since

Frontier Poly 3 Point PTO driven Fertilizer Spreader , Difficult to use with the cab on, have easier solution for my Zero turn

Field Tuff 72" x 48" (plus extension) Heavy Duty Drag Harrow, Weighs about 250 pounds. Never used. This would be ideal for horse corrals, pastures, use after a tiller to remove all clumps and any debris, etc. The individual tines are about the size of my ring finger in diameter, this is a heavy duty unit, not like the chain link fence sections many sell.

Anyone interested in any of these attachments, send me a PM for more details. I haven't listed them for sale yet as I just don't have time for all the strokes related to Craigslist ad responses.......Terms - Cash (Benjamin, Grant, Hamilton, Jackson, Lincoln or G.W.)

·
Super Moderator
2,448 Posts
Based upon time spent on the machine......

1. Rear carry all (it's on 99% of the time since its also the source of varying ballast from 300 to 850 pounds)
2. Front end loader with equal uses of pallet forks and bucket with Ken's Hooks (on machine when plow isn't)
3. Custom Built 87" Wide Snow Plow blade on Quick hitch (average about 150 hours of use a winter)
4. RC2048 Rear mower
5. Frontier 60" Core Aerator
6. Frontier 3 point Sprayer, used maybe 8 hours a year

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On the flip side of the coin, Implements I own which I am very likely going to sell due to lack of use and they occupy precious space. All implements have I Match bushings except for Drag Harrow. All items have either very little or no use and are in very good condition.

Frontier 48" Box Blade, Used a few times, I have gotten so good at smoothing with the loader bucket, I rarely use the Box Blade

Frontier 60" Landscape Rake, Used it to redo one neighbors lawn. Hasn't been used since

Frontier Poly 3 Point PTO driven Fertilizer Spreader , Difficult to use with the cab on, have easier solution for my Zero turn

Field Tuff 72" x 48" (plus extension) Heavy Duty Drag Harrow, Weighs about 250 pounds. Never used. This would be ideal for horse corrals, pastures, use after a tiller to remove all clumps and any debris, etc. The individual tines are about the size of my ring finger in diameter, this is a heavy duty unit, not like the chain link fence sections many sell.

Anyone interested in any of these attachments, send me a PM for more details. I haven't listed them for sale yet as I just don't have time for all the strokes related to Craigslist ad responses.......Terms - Cash (Benjamin, Grant, Hamilton, Jackson, Lincoln or G.W.)
I thought about asking you about the spreader until I seen it was a Frontier. I'm sure that'll be quite a few Bennys.

·
Premium Member
9,121 Posts
I thought about asking you about the spreader until I seen it was a Frontier. I'm sure that'll be quite a few Bennys.
For you, my friend, you should ask......

·
Registered
753 Posts
In order of use;

Grapple
front blade
Polar 1500 cart
rake
mower
mounted spreader
box blade

1 - 20 of 42 Posts