Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3,889 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know that Artillian makes an adapter to mount a 3PH attachment on the fork frame, but that's not what I want to do. I have a JDQA implement (namely my tree puller) that I'd like to also be able to mount on my 3PH (to take advantage of the increased pulling/lifting power). Does such a beast exist? I did a little searching on the interwebs and didn't see anything.

When I bought the tree puller, I had asked the fab shop to make it so it could mount either way. He said he'd never done it before but would see if it was possible. Apparently, he thought it wasn't. :laugh: There's another shop that makes a different style of tree puller that does offer both mounts as an option, so - in theory - it should be possible to do this.

If a commercially available adapter isn't available maybe I can talk KennyD into whipping something up for me in his shop!! :bigthumb:

·
Premium Member
11,353 Posts
Can we see a photo of the implement in question?

·
Registered
3,889 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Here are some pics of the particular implement that I want to use on the 3PH. As you can see in the first couple of pics, it's standard JDQA setup. What I'm looking for is some sort of "adapter" that will hook into my iMatch on the 3PH on one side and allow me to hook up the JDQA implement on the other. That would allow me to use my tree puller on the 3PH,... or I could use my FEL bucket back there as a carry all... or I could mount my Artillian forks on the rear... or... You get the idea.

So, back to my original question - does such an "adapter" exist commercially or will I have to have something fabbed up locally?

20180427_162441_resized.jpg

20180427_162454_resized.jpg

20180427_162513_resized.jpg

·
Administrator
17,513 Posts

·
Registered
3,889 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
THANKS, Kenny!! I did find one on their site that looks like it converts SSQA to 3PH, but not for JDQA. Based on their prices, they're mighty proud of their stuff!

If I pursue this, I'm probably going to have to have something fabbed up. What are you doing next weekend??? :laugh: It's going to be Cinco de Mayo, so I'll bring the margarita's if you bring the welder! :laugh:

·
Administrator
17,513 Posts
Throw some ribeyes and ribs on the BGE and I'll come over :lolol:

·
Registered
8,472 Posts
Mark,

Not that this has anything to do with your request.......But, when I was looking at the pictures, I could swear your grandpa's Cub was speaking to me........

I could swear I heard it saying........."Mark.....Please take me in the shop and restore me.......All that tall grass underneath is very ticklish when the wind blows"......

Or you could just do like my friend did and.............

http://www.greentractortalk.com/forums/non-deere-tractors/16409-cub-pole-sons-love-his-father.html

·
Premium Member
7,579 Posts
Mark,

Not that this has anything to do with your request.......But, when I was looking at the pictures, I could swear your grandpa's Cub was speaking to me........

I could swear I heard it saying........."Mark.....Please take me in the shop and restore me.......All that tall grass underneath is very ticklish when the wind blows"......

Or you could just do like my friend did and.............

http://www.greentractortalk.com/forums/non-deere-tractors/16409-cub-pole-sons-love-his-father.html

I also noticed the yard ornament tractor, but was not sure what it was other than an offset model.

·
Premium Member
7,579 Posts
I would do some measuring with the tree puller mounted on the loader to see if there is clearance for a set of tabs for lower links of a 3pt.
The tabs for the top link should not interfere and just need to be centered and proper height from the lower tabs.

A welding shop could easily fab the tabs and weld them on if there are no clearance issues

·
Registered
3,889 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Mark,

LOL!! Yeah, that old Cub tells me that every time I pass it in the driveway! Restoration isn't on the schedule for this year, but hopefully next year. Got to clear some room in the garage first. It's sat outside most of its life. The engine is seized. Interestingly, the gearbox seems free and it rolled easily when I parked it where it's at. Part of this year's projects include clearing a different area across the driveway and setting up a "display area" for the Cub and my Grandpa's old hay rake. I'm going to set both up on blocks, put a border around it and fill the area with wood chips (from my chipper) and put some flowers in it. That will get them out of the main part of the yard (which will make Sweetie HAPPY!). At that point, I'll probably start pouring ATF into the cylinders to hopefully allow it enough lube that I can unseize the engine.

When I went to WV to bring it back home, the tires were literally rotted and falling apart. The rims were also rusted. So, I found a set of tires and rims about 90 minutes away on CL and hauled them to WV with me. Swapped them out and then rolled the tractor up on a trailer. In the next couple of days I'm going to take the Cub wheel weights and put them in my JD ballast box for some extra weight. The ballast box is already full of pea gravel (weighs about 900 lbs) so I think I can remove about 50 lbs of gravel and replace it with about 175 lbs of steel. Part of the weights will stick out of the top of the box, but that's OK.

·
Registered
3,889 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
I would do some measuring with the tree puller mounted on the loader to see if there is clearance for a set of tabs for lower links of a 3pt.
The tabs for the top link should not interfere and just need to be centered and proper height from the lower tabs.

A welding shop could easily fab the tabs and weld them on if there are no clearance issues

I think there's clearance. Since it looks like I'm going to have to go with "custom" instead of "off the shelf", I going to take the "3PH trailer mover" and put it up against the tree puller to try and visualize what an adapter might look like. Then I can sketch something up, buy and cut some steel and then take it to a welder to have it made up. We'll see how it works. Will probably be hillbilly engineering at its best! :laugh:

Of course, putting the tree puller on the 3PH will also involve having to have a set of "adapter hoses" made. I'm planning on using the SCV's on the back of the tractor that are currently hooked into the lift cylinders for the MMM (which I've removed - probably permanently). The fitting size on the rear are different than the fittings on the Artillian diverter. Then I'll probably also want to get a hydraulic top link which will mean rigging up a diverter setup for the rear! Ahh, so many plans - so little time!!... and so little money! :laugh:

·
Registered
5,140 Posts

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
I'm almost sure I've seen one as well but can't remember where. I do think someone offers that attachment but finding it may be more difficult than getting one made.

Treefarmer
And from the sounds of it possibly more expensive too. :hide:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts