Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had a Warn 2,500 laying around. So, I thought I would fabricate a front bracket and control mount. I painted them both JD green. I also mounted a hook on the front bracket to come back to with a block and pulley. No drilling on the tractor itself. Just used existing holes.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
2,448 Posts
Very nice. :thumbup1gif:

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
I had a Warn 2,500 laying around. So, I thought I would fabricate a front bracket and control mount. I painted them both JD green. I also mounted a hook on the front bracket to come back to with a block and pulley. No drilling on the tractor itself. Just used existing holes.
Looks like a nice job. I thought about doing that to help get out of a tough spot or help someone else.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks guys.

Reactions: SulleyBear

·
Premium Member
9,111 Posts
I really like when a project is done with the attention to details, such as the rubber insulators on the back side of the switch mount to provide stability and to prevent a rattle or vibration.

Did you hook it directly to the battery for power? I couldn't tell from the photo's but it would make sense.

The bracket for the winch itself looks like a heavy angle iron. Is that mounted to the front weight bracket or where the front weight bracket hangs on the tractor for the front suitcase weights?

Just curious, does that winch support the wireless remote for the winch operation as well? I noticed you went with WARN, which has a great history and reputation for being an outstanding winch product.

When you get a second, please complete your signature line which lists the tractor and implements and accessories. Not that your GTT name isn't indicative of your tractor model. Interesting that was still available when you selected a User Name......

Very Nice job. Thanks for sharing.

Reactions: mikdor

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I really like when a project is done with the attention to details, such as the rubber insulators on the back side of the switch mount to provide stability and to prevent a rattle or vibration.

Did you hook it directly to the battery for power? I couldn't tell from the photo's but it would make sense.

The bracket for the winch itself looks like a heavy angle iron. Is that mounted to the front weight bracket or where the front weight bracket hangs on the tractor for the front suitcase weights?

Just curious, does that winch support the wireless remote for the winch operation as well? I noticed you went with WARN, which has a great history and reputation for being an outstanding winch product.

When you get a second, please complete your signature line which lists the tractor and implements and accessories. Not that your GTT name isn't indicative of your tractor model. Interesting that was still available when you selected a User Name......

Very Nice job. Thanks for sharing.
SulleyBear - Thanks for the kind words. I've updated my signature. However, I'm sure it might take a moment in time to catch up. As far as your questions, I did go right to "hot" power on the start post (picture). I ran all my wires along the inside frame rail (high and tight) and branched off to the starter for power. The winch mount is a 1/4 inch steel 4x4 angle iron (13.5 inches wide) where I just drilled hold for the inch plate and matched the holes to the existing tractor weight bracket (picture). It was fairly easy once I knew what I wanted to do. I'm not sure if Warn offers a hand held controller as I literally just had the winch and handlebar mount sitting in my garage. I am going to look into adding a hand held in the event I'm off the tractor using it. My tractor is a 2017 that had 80 hours on it. I rented it from my local JD dealer (great guys). I liked it so much that I bought it :) . Paid $12K with York Basic Line rake. Hope I got a good deal!

Attachments

Reactions: North585
1 - 11 of 11 Posts