Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know this is ambiguous and subjective, but I found a 260a for $3k. I’d just have to buy the mounts ($1500 kit). Do you guys think it’s a good price or should I wait? I’m not in a rush for one, as of yet. I have a few months to play with before it is needed. I have a July 11, 2017 1025r which misses the second gen cutoff by like two days.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
3,619 Posts
Is it a 260 backhoe? They didn't make one labeled 260A. Just the 260 & 260B.

$3k for a 260 in good condition is a fair to good price.

The problem is obtaining the sub-frame kit. The $1500 kit JD used to have is no longer available, and it's more expensive to piece it out.

I take it the seller doesn't have the sub-frame to sell with the backhoe?

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah, it’s just the 260. I’ve heard it referred to it both ways. As for the kit, the JD Parts site shows BLV10835 available to buy. I really don’t want to go over $4500 to get this setup. Someone in previous posts considered trading his entire machine for 0% with a new one.

·
Super Moderator
3,619 Posts
BLV10835 does show as available to order but it's not. A year or so ago a couple members were looking for it and someone got the last one JD had. One of the members ended up finding a individual that happened to be selling one.

I suggest, if the BH doesn't come with the sub-frame, is to locate that first. You'll need all the luck I can wish you. Otherwise, consider the 260B and its sub-frame. I don't know of confirmation that the older tractor can accept the newer sub-frame, but I think it will. Do a search here.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks.

I submitted the order through JD for the same reason as you just said. If I cannot get it, I won’t purchase the hoe and look back into the 260B option.

·
Super Moderator
3,619 Posts
Lol.. sorry SC...I forgot you were the one looking at the 260B fitting a pre mid-2017 tractor. My bad 🤣

Reactions: SycoCell

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Lol.. sorry SC...I forgot you were the one looking at the 260B fitting a pre mid-2017 tractor. My bad
I’m fairly certain it does fit the older tractors. Anyway, waiting for my dealer to confirm fitment of the kit I ordered. They said the warehouse shows 5 in stock.

·
Super Moderator
3,619 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
It would put me at $4500 for the whole thing. I guess that seems legit. Buying 4 acres of open land and building a house on it. I will have a ton of holes to dig for landscaping.

·
Super Moderator
3,619 Posts
I don't think that price is bad all together, barring the backhoe itself is in good condition. Pretty sure that's a thousand or two cheaper than getting a new 260B and its sub-frame.

A new house and landscaping would be perfect work for it and the loader, and would completely justify the purchase in my eyes.

Reactions: MattL and SycoCell

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I don't think that price is bad all together, barring the backhoe itself is in good condition. Pretty sure that's a thousand or two cheaper than getting a new 260B and its sub-frame.

A new house and landscaping would be perfect work for it and the loader, and would completely justify the purchase in my eyes.
I am actually a pro at justifying any John Deere purchase to my CFO.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
At $4500 to add the backhoe....I'd consider just trading tractors....I've seen a lot of good deals on complete units....
Out of curiosity, why do you say trading tractors? Like to a post 2017 tractor? Mines got 140hrs frame and 2 hours on the brand new engine (warranty replaced from the air intake issue).

·
Premium Member
1,631 Posts
I would weigh the value of your current tractor, against the value and cost of one with backhoe and see if the $4500 would be justified.

1 - 20 of 63 Posts