Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

· Premium Member
2,101 Posts
I noticed on my unit the subframe is tied into the roll bar....was thinking of removing the roll bar since using the backhoe but it looked like an almost impossibility. The poster is into an ambitious project, seems like one would need to strip down the who rear of the tractor. I'm anxious to see how he comes out and maybe he'll advise time and cost factors in doing this. Would really be interested in knowing.

· Premium Member
2,101 Posts
Here are some pics...I've torn a lot of tractors apart....If I we attempting your procedure....I'd remove all the exterior...wheels, fenders, floor boards, 3 point....that frame is not going to go one but one way....you may need longer bolts...but maybe you got them with the kit....did you get the power beyond? With all the above off you should be able to see what you;re doing....I'll help anyway I can....

Attachments

· Premium Member
2,101 Posts
The engineer makes the directions go immediately over your head. I hope the poster can get all the equipment he needs...I know that seat is a bear to buy...I'm a veteran tractor enthusiast and I'm kinda scratching my head....

· Premium Member
2,101 Posts
Syscocell: I found on my tractor that the seat belt bracket would hang with the seat. My preference was not to use seat belt so I removed and same hardware. I also removed the upper bar on my roll bar and the cross piece at the bottom....some may say unsafe but catching that stuff in trees and etc in my take was unsafer....also on the seat the pivot rod will probably fail at the ball connection so I used a larger on out of nickel from McMasters. I can sent you pics of my seat if this would help....glad you got it back together....I'm working on hydraulic thumb now since my valve will work with backhoe...

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.