Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi friendly JD Forum . . . hoping somebody might have photographs or a pointer to a user manual. My little tractor is an x495 (got it used Nov 2011). It has a 54C mowing deck and attached to that is a Power Flow C series. When I got this tractor, my mechanic engineer took the mower and bags off because in the winter we only needed to hook up a front-mounted snowblower (Cerutti, from Italy, since you ask). Now that it's summer, I've managed to get the mower deck back on (thanks to the manual directions), but I can't figure out how to get the big bags mounted again on the back (no manual for this bit). There's a big black mounting mechanism which is off the machine now. The 3 bags are all configured inside a large black plastic hood into which the big plastic chute fits. Any mounting ideas? Many thanks for all advice, cheers, Larry

·
Administrator
17,514 Posts
Welcome to GTT! Larry

Can you post pictures of what you have and the rear of the tractor so we will know exactly what parts you have?

Can you post pictures of that snowblower also? I have only ever seen the JD one mounted on the front-and I never even heard of Cerutti

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Some useful pictures of my x495 and grass collecting components

495Right.JPG x495RearRightView.JPG GrassBagOpen.JPG GrassBagMount.JPG

And for your interest, the rear view of the Cerruti snowblower:
CerrutiBlower.JPG . . . we had to get a JD modification kit for the PTO and front linkage, as supplied here in the UK by Kersten Machines, and here's basically what it looks like from the front:
Snow blowers from Kersten for tractors 30

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Successful counter-intuitions . . .

So I looked and looked, thought and thought, offered up the part this way and that, and finally found the way the mounting mechanism fits onto the tractor, and also onto the grass collection bags. I attach photos . . . it all felt counter-intuitive, as the mechanism fits vertically, not horizontally as I'd thought, but it all makes sense in the end. The 3 grass collecting bags fill nicely, and my compost heap is also expanding quickly. So I'm very delighted with the setup, in the end. Hope the photographs might be helpful if anyone else has a similar problem with no manual?! cheers from remote Northumberland, UK . . . . Larry

495withGrassBags.JPG 495GrassBagMount.JPG

·
Administrator
20,468 Posts
Thanks for sharing Larry! :hi:

·
Registered
440 Posts
Good deal. Now with your photos you'll be good to go next mowing season.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts