Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
2018 1025R, 120R loader, 60D MMM, grapple
271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I moved my 1025R lights to the inside of my ROPS today and I'm glad I did it. I wasn't happy with the 1" hole on the outside of the ROPS, so I found an inexpensive plug at Lowe's and I love the way it looks.

I did have a question about the way the light hangs over the front of the ROPS on top and the rear of the ROPS on the bottom. Was this always like this and I didn't notice, or when I switched them from side to side did this happen.

Automotive tire Automotive lighting Bicycle tire Electrical wiring Bicycle fork
Plant Bicycle tire Light Automotive tire Electrical wiring

·
Premium Member
2020 1025R, 120R, 54D
4,287 Posts
I moved my 1025R lights to the inside of my ROPS today and I'm glad I did it. I wasn't happy with the 1" hole on the outside of the ROPS, so I found an inexpensive plug at Lowe's and I love the way it looks.

I did have a question about the way the light hangs over the front of the ROPS on top and the rear of the ROPS on the bottom. Was this always like this and I didn't notice, or when I switched them from side to side did this happen.

View attachment 792612 View attachment 792613
The overhang is normal.

·
Premium Member
2020 1025R, 120R, 54D
4,287 Posts
The ROPS is angled but the lights are vertical for visibility.

·
Premium Member
3,710 Posts
Smart to plug the hole. Looks better and keeps water and low hanging limbs out of it.

·
Premium Member
2,654 Posts
OP,

Lights inside equals lights that last forever.

·
Registered
193 Posts

i need to do this to mine. did it take long? fairly simple?

·
Registered
2018 1025R, 120R loader, 60D MMM, grapple
271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
i need to do this to mine. did it take long? fairly simple?
It was very simple, but more time consuming than it should have been because I made a few mistakes.
First, maybe it's obvious, but you have to move the left side light to the right and vice versa. It's as simple as unplugging the wires, removing the two bolts, then reversing the process to install on the other side.
My mistakes:. Not removing the split plastic wire wire loom from the connector end of the wire bundle before pulling the wires out of the ROPS. When I pulled the wires out of the ROPS, the plastic loom got Jammed inside the ROPS and prevented me from fishing the wires back through. This was a pain to remove. My second mistake was to not tie a string to the wires before I pulled them out of the ROPS. If I had done this, pulling the wires back through would have been a breeze. I ended up having to wrestle with fish tape.
The only material I needed was a few replacement zip ties and the plugs. They had the plugs at my local Lowes (2-Pack 1-in Black Plastic Hole Plug, Item #139483, Model #881290).
I was concerned that the new position of the lights would look weird or it would cause an unforseen issue, but I think it looks great, and I haven't run into any problems. I've read that you can't do this if you have a backhoe.
Good luck; it was a fun project with a great result. Highly recommended.
Dave...

·
Registered
64 Posts
I switched my lights before I put any time on the tractor. It was time consuming because of the plastic wire loom. But as Dave said. Run a string when you pull the wires out and it’s pretty simple to pull them back down.

Reactions: DaveDelux

·
Registered
2020 1025R
1,012 Posts
On my list of things to do after I just hooked one of the amber lights on a branch and broke the bezel. Sigh...and the amber bezels are $18/each on GreenPartStore. Looks pretty straightforward to switch them. I'll also add the plastic plug. Good catch.

Best,

Reactions: DaveDelux

·
Registered
193 Posts
It was very simple, but more time consuming than it should have been because I made a few mistakes.
First, maybe it's obvious, but you have to move the left side light to the right and vice versa. It's as simple as unplugging the wires, removing the two bolts, then reversing the process to install on the other side.
My mistakes:. Not removing the split plastic wire wire loom from the connector end of the wire bundle before pulling the wires out of the ROPS. When I pulled the wires out of the ROPS, the plastic loom got Jammed inside the ROPS and prevented me from fishing the wires back through. This was a pain to remove. My second mistake was to not tie a string to the wires before I pulled them out of the ROPS. If I had done this, pulling the wires back through would have been a breeze. I ended up having to wrestle with fish tape.
The only material I needed was a few replacement zip ties and the plugs. They had the plugs at my local Lowes (2-Pack 1-in Black Plastic Hole Plug, Item #139483, Model #881290).
I was concerned that the new position of the lights would look weird or it would cause an unforseen issue, but I think it looks great, and I haven't run into any problems. I've read that you can't do this if you have a backhoe.
Good luck; it was a fun project with a great result. Highly recommended.
Dave...
awesome. thanks. i’m always worried about knocking them off when i move. i’ll add it to my list.

·
Registered
244 Posts
I moved mine to the inside of the ROPS this morning. 2025R is 2 weeks old. The only puzzling part was how tight the wires were inside the ROPS on the right side of the tractor. A few minutes of looking and I realized that the two "thick wire" brackets holding the power beyond were the issue. Once I removed those (3 small bolts total), all went well.

Thanks for the reminder (above) about pulling a string when removing wires to avoid the need to go fishing.

·
Registered
3,502 Posts

Hah, that's funny. I did that to mine 4 years ago. Put plugs in the holes that is. Glad to see someone else had the same idea. 👍

·
Registered
13 Posts
I have read that can't move them with the BH. As anybody tried to move them that uses the BH. I broke my amber lens on ovbe side the last week and would like to move them to the inside.

I have 2020 1025 R

·
Premium Member
2020 1025R, 120R, 54D
4,287 Posts
I have read that can't move them with the BH. As anybody tried to move them that uses the BH. I broke my amber lens on ovbe side the last week and would like to move them to the inside.

I have 2020 1025 R
I believe they will interfere with the seat if moved inside.

·
Registered
3,743 Posts
I believe they will interfere with the seat if moved inside.
With you too, unless you are a stick man!!!!

Sent from my SM-N976V using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.