Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Had to have a few large trees cut to make room for an addition. You can see how large they are in the pics. Cut a few saw logs in 9' sections for a friend with a mill, had to roll them around with the forks, not even close to lifting them ! The logs pictured are at least 27" diameter.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,228 Posts
Had to have a few large trees cut to make room for an addition. You can see how large they are in the pics. Cut a few saw logs in 9' sections for a friend with a mill, had to roll them around with the forks, not even close to lifting them ! The logs pictured are at least 27" diameter.
That still beats moving them by hand.

Reactions: Levi and ColonyPark

·
Registered
2,967 Posts
Trees that size get my adrenaline racing in the felling cut! While it is nice that the wood is going to be milled it is too bad for you that you couldn't have bucked it shorter and utilized the tractor fully. I really enjoy using the saws and the tractor to get the wood processed.

Unfortunately your friend is going to encounter a little extra dirt because you didn't spring for a 5 series... :hide:

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It absolutely beats doing anything by hand. My friend is only milling a few of the saw logs, the rest I tried to cut large enough to handle and move because I am under a time crunch to have them cleaned up in one day due to delivery of trusses tomorrow and footer excavation starting Monday. I can buck them at a later date, just don't have time to be moving a bunch of little pieces at the moment.

Believe it or not, I do not have a wood stove. I save some for my fire ring outback for friends , fire and beer nights. The rest goes to whatever friends need firewood.

I usually fell the trees myself but these were too close to my house so I didnt take any chances and had the professionals fell them and I did the rest.

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
....because you didn't spring for a 5 series... :hide:
lol who needs a stinkin' 5 series when you have this ! Just took out 12 stumps in about two hours.

Attachments

1 - 6 of 6 Posts