Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I keep seeing used sheds, and coops pop up on facebook market place for little to no money. Has anyone done this before, was it worth it? I think my biggest problem would be I don't have any heavy equipment to move so I might have to do it like the ancients did.

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
Depends on how big the "shed" is.

I bought a 8x14, and this is how they delivered and placed it.

I specifically bought a 8' wide so that I could later place it on an 8' wide trailer if I ever wanted/needed to move it.
2 handy man jacks on the front, back a trailer under it, then push it on/back under it the rest of the way.

Attachments

·
Registered
831 Posts
i have had several moved .......most are heavier than you first consider.......

typical companies that move them are

wrecker service companies
roll off dumpster companies
wood truss companies
shed building companies
private contractors with special equipment for such
conex shipping container companies

i used a private company from the local craigslist to do my last move (was a 20' conex actually) .....great guy worked like a charm .....have also used conex moving companies to do it with good results.......

usually the key is access on both ends ....the hauling part is the easy part...some shed building companies dissassemble them to do the move on the larger units in difficult locations

also seems like depending on the day and how busy they are reflects in the pricing ........over 8' does cause some to drop out of the pricing due to permiting and dealing with athorities

1 - 5 of 5 Posts