Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I picked up my 1023E this week and I’m ready to tackle the next snow we get. I have the front loader and a rear blade. Removed the mowing deck. Waiting for snow...

I have about 50 yards of asphalt driveway. My biggest concern is digging a big chunk of driveway up while plowing/pulling.

Is there any benefit to adding a PVC pipe strip to the rear blade that would help prevent this? I’ve seen a few videos of folks building a wood plow fitting over the loader to push snow. Does this work?

Any tips or tricks for making the most of this set up?

Thanks for any feedback!

·
Registered
4,043 Posts
Rear blade you can turn around backwards, it won’t dig in. Edge tamers for you bucket or cut a pipe to go across the edge of bucket and use loader in float position.

·
Registered
2,146 Posts
I got a rear blade and took the steel cutting edge off....replaced w a 1.125” thick conveyor belt edge from rubberwearstrip.com
Just to use on asphalt. For a 50” blade the total cost was around $60.00

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Rear blade you can turn around backwards, it won’t dig in. Edge tamers for you bucket or cut a pipe to go across the edge of bucket and use loader in float position.
Thank you all for the replies.

Okay, I’m going to ask a really dumb question...

Turn the blade backwards and plow pulling forward?

·
Registered
2,146 Posts
yes can be done changes the blade to a much less aggressive angle.

·
Registered
4,043 Posts
Yep spin it all the way around, so,cutting edge is facing backwards, drive forward. It won’t dig in as much. Wet snow it don’t work so good as blade rides up on snow.
I also welded brackets on mine for plow shoes.
Rubber cutting edge like fdmars mentions also works good.

·
Registered
1,646 Posts
Horse stall mat works well too. Its cheap, and you can make several "edges" from one mat.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts