Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
947 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ever since we bought our 2520 a year and half ago, I have been looking for a 54" snowblower. The 47" we had from our 2320 works but barely covers the width of the rear tires. I found an ad on CL about 200 miles away and because I happened to be traveling back and forth to Iowa this past weekend, I was able to go about 50 miles out of my way as I traveled back from Iowa to take a look at this blower on Monday. It was in the excellent condition the seller said it was and I ended up buying it. It was at this point, we decided to see if there was any chance of fitting the blower inside our rental (Kia Soul) so I wouldnt have to come back at a later time with our FX4. By removing the drift cutters and the spout, we were able to persuade it inside the rear with enough room for the quick hitch, pto shaft and implement drive and upstop.

Last night, I put everything back together, greased all the zerks and topped off the crankcase. Per the previous owner, he bought it last year and only used it once. He found it too wide for his driveway in town and has since been using his walk behind. Forecasters are saying 3-4 inches of accumulation in the next 2 days so hopefully I get a chance to play with it soon.

Doug

Attachments

·
Administrator
18,483 Posts
Nice deal!

I'll be the first: $500 for the 47" shipped to MD:pray:

·
Super Moderator
8,191 Posts
Big ones Kenny! Truly a generous soul!! B-)

·
Registered
719 Posts
Nice deal!

I'll be the first: $500 for the 47" shipped to MD:pray:
Sorry Kenny, I have to one up you. I will give $575 shipped to MD!

I sure wish it was closer, I would love to get my hands on one.

Lee

·
Registered
947 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You guys are the best...:empathy:

Not sure Feb is the best time of year to try to sell a snowblower but who knows. Else I need to find a place to "hide" it for the summer. My bride is wondering why we need 2 snowblowers. :nunu:

·
Registered
2,181 Posts
Looks like a great deal, too bad you could not swap him for the 47" and alittle cash....bet it will work great on your tractor

·
Registered
947 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Update

Thought I would update with a few pictures...

Attachments

·
Registered
1,542 Posts

·
Registered
1,264 Posts

·
Registered
947 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
SWEET!!!!:thumbup1gif:

Did you sell the 47" blower yet?

Double post........sorry
Thanks Bob,

Just sold the 47" blower last night to a gentlemen that was purchasing a new 2320. He was full of smiles in anticipation of getting his new tractor.

Doug

·
Official "Groovie" Dude
5,663 Posts
Thanks Bob,

Just sold the 47" blower last night to a gentlemen that was purchasing a new 2320. He was full of smiles in anticipation of getting his new tractor.

Doug
Nice pictures. Sure does toss that snow a good distance. The gentleman is still smiling I bet as you can't beat a good snow blower. Did he put this one in the backseat?:D

·
Registered
947 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Nice pictures. Sure does toss that snow a good distance. The gentleman is still smiling I bet as you can't beat a good snow blower. Did he put this one in the backseat?:D
He actually did but his Suburban didn't have the same space constraints that Kia Soul did. :lol:

·
Registered
3,554 Posts
Absolutely heart rending snow blower photos! (sigh!) I remember when we'd get snows like that here in my neck of the woods... Feel free to continue to rub it in with your snow action shots though, I can take it!:laugh:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts