Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Deckdolly.com
Has anyone have this for their mower deck? Around $300 shipped is kind of pricey. Just wonder is it worth it? There is good reviews on YouTube. I want to use it for my 2016 x738 with a 60HC drive over auto connect deck.

·
Registered
1,759 Posts
If you were in MN, I'd sell you one I have for half of that. I didn't care for it. The vertical support plates, that holds the stand when in the upright position, are parallel to the wheels and low to the ground. When you want to move it with the deck on, you have to carry handles very low, so the upright plates do not drag. As such, you have to move it hunched over. It appears to be much handier than it really is.

I went back to Mower Deck Axles, a site supporter. In my opinion, much easier to move around and no more work to install or lift, if not less. Some models have larger diameter wheels than others, but the shafts are the same diameter. Be sure to get them with the largest diameter wheels you can. If you're unsure, drop him an email with the model of tractor/deck and tell him you want the largest diameter wheels. The large wheels are easier rolling than the small across concrete and I could even roll my deck through the grass, to the storage shed, with the large wheels.

·
Registered
913 Posts
I have the Deck Dolly for my 60D MMM, and I found everything about it in the previous post to be problems for me as well.

The real problem for me at my age is trying to make the lift between the deck in wheelbarrow mode to the upright (vertical) storage or blade sharpening mode. I just cannot make that weightlifting transition. So, for me the deck is almost worthless, even after adding extension handles to add 3 feet more to the lever arms.

I say almost worthlessbecause I can use the FEL and bucket hooks to lift it for me for blade removal, sharpening, and reinstallation. But once it's upright for storage, I can't move it. So vertical storage is limited by access to the storage wall with the FEL.

dolly.jpg

·
Registered
1,759 Posts
I have the Deck Dolly for my 60D MMM, and I found everything about it in the previous post to be problems for me as well.

The real problem for me at my age is trying to make the lift between the deck in wheelbarrow mode to the upright (vertical) storage or blade sharpening mode. I just cannot make that weightlifting transition. So, for me the deck is almost worthless, even after adding extension handles to add 3 feet more to the lever arms. I posted pictures of this in a previous thread if you want to look for them.

I say almost worthlessbecause I can use the FEL and bucket hooks to lift it for me for blade removal, sharpening, and reinstallation. But once it's upright for storage, I can't move it. So vertical storage is limited by access to the storage wall with the FEL.
Me, too. I forgot about having to change your grip half way up.

·
Registered
362 Posts
I have a 54HC deck and find the deck dolly has been my favorite accessory for the X739, probably use it several times a month if not more. I don't know how much more the 60 deck weighs over the 54 but I don't find it that difficult to move the deck around or flip it up to work on the underside, sure beats the alternatives in my opinion.

·
Registered
3,831 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,046 Posts
I actually have the newer design deck dolly. It is designed better than the first models, although, be sure to get the long handle version. The new model has curved handles so the transition is easier, albeit, this deck is heavy so it still takes some muscle.

Yes, moving the mmm around with the deck dolly is heavy, although, I do like the way it stands when upright and it is pretty stable when upright.

So, if you can handle the weight while moving it (about like moving a loaded wheelbarrow) and are able to lift it to get it upright (again, about like dumping a loaded wheelbarrow), then it is OK.

I like mine, albeit, I wouldn't want to use it every day, if you know what I mean!!! :good2:

Let's face it, moving these mmm's isn't easy, because of there weight.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts