Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I only purchased this 2305 a couple of months ago, so I'm just trying to get into mowing with it. I have a problem with height adjustment and a question about the lift mechanism.

1. I have 2305 with a 62C deck... And an x495 with a 62C deck. I'm trying to get the height of the 2305 in the ball park of where the x495 is set to. They both have the same style mechanism. (Height adjustment knob). The problem is that the 2305 is a lot lower. I think it's way out of adjustment, but I don't see how to change this. I read the manual and see where I can adjust the turnbuckles that hang from the lift arms for side to side adjustment. And I read about adjusted the nuts on the front carrier for front and rear level/adjustment. But, what I'm trying to adjust is the overall height position of the mower deck. When I turn the adjustment knob from the lowest to the highest setting, it works. I mean, I can cycle through each height setting and see that they change, but on the 2305, the highest setting is equal to the lowest setting on the x495, which is way too short. Almost scalps the ground. What the heck am I missing??

2. I noticed in the manual it refers to raising and lowering the deck using the 3pt lever. My 2305 deck has the hydraulic line plugged into one of the side ports where my loader connects, so I raise and lower it with the joy stick. I suspect this is not how the unit came from the factory? I don't know if this is necessarily a bad thing, but I'm trying to understand why someone would change this? What is the advantage to have the deck lift use the joystick control instead of the rear 3 point lever/control?

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
2,741 Posts
question #2 you have the optional lift system. The advantage to it is it is not tied to your 3pt hitch. the lift system is available three ways.

Reactions: etcallhome

·
Premium Member
14,859 Posts
If mower is cutting to short you need to follow the steps in manual and you will need to turn the turnbuckles the same amount on L and R side. . I'm thinking the highest setting I could get when I owned my 2305 was around 4" . Once you get to the highest height and you can turn the adjustment knob you will need to check to see if both sides are cutting the same height measuring from the bottom of the both sided blades.

The hyd lift IMO is much better than using the 3pt lift.

·
Super Moderator
8,128 Posts
You can mow with the deck fully raised and locked in the transport position. I believe when I had my 2305 and had the deck setup properly the transport position gave me about 5" mowing height.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts