Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,593 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, I know I have issues, but that is for the true theropy professional. I was wondering if anyone else heeds the advice of their operators manual for their mower deck. Both of mine have detailed procedures for leveling the mower deck front to back and side to side. I just did a recheck on mine and they were both in need of adjustment. The 62C needed the front to back tweaked and the 72 needed the side to side. I can not recommend more highly the use of the leveling guage sold by JD. What a great inexpensive tool. Incidentally, I did check the level of both decks as delivered from the dealer and found that they did require some slight adjusting at that time as well. I thinking that a level check is only needed every couple of years. Or unless there is sufficent reason to do so sooner. For anyone else that wants to maintain a level cut here is a link for the tool.

http://www.shopgreendealer.com/johndeerelevelinggauge.aspx

·
Administrator
17,250 Posts
I will concur on what a great tool that is-and it's probably one of the cheapest things you'll ever buy from JD:laugh:

·
Premium Member
311 Posts
:good2: A properly adjusted deck makes for a nice looking lawn. It's an adjustment that is often overlooked and underrated.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Hey, we all have issues. Just ask my soon to be ex-wife, she's an expert on my issues:lol:

Less than seven bucks from Deere? I think it's a misprint. Maybe it's because they came yellow instead of green...:laugh:

·
Super Moderator
5,483 Posts
My dealer gave me one when I bought my machine.:good2:
It is an invaluable little item.

Greg

·
Registered
115 Posts
OK, I know I have issues, but that is for the true theropy professional. I was wondering if anyone else heeds the advice of their operators manual for their mower deck. Both of mine have detailed procedures for leveling the mower deck front to back and side to side. I just did a recheck on mine and they were both in need of adjustment. The 62C needed the front to back tweaked and the 72 needed the side to side. I can not recommend more highly the use of the leveling guage sold by JD. What a great inexpensive tool. Incidentally, I did check the level of both decks as delivered from the dealer and found that they did require some slight adjusting at that time as well. I thinking that a level check is only needed every couple of years. Or unless there is sufficent reason to do so sooner. For anyone else that wants to maintain a level cut here is a link for the tool.

http://www.shopgreendealer.com/johndeerelevelinggauge.aspx
That was another $10 I had to spend because you said it was a good idea! :tongue:

I've had Deeres for years, but this is going to be the first time I've worried with levelling the deck....I'm interested in seeing how it turns out.

·
Official "Groovie" Dude
5,663 Posts
I think when I bought mine gas was $.25. :laugh: Very good tool and I check my 72 a couple times a year and any time the deck is taken off and on. Adjusted after delivery as well.

·
Premium Member
6,593 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
That was another $10 I had to spend because you said it was a good idea! :tongue:
You must be the only one that reads my dribble. :mocking:

I almost enjoy spending your money as much as mine. :lol:

Actually, the tool saves a lot of guess work and is easy to use. :thumbup1gif:

·
Registered
9 Posts
just ordered one... shipping was more then the item!

I just installed a D62 deck on my 2320 and seems to be mowing a little uneven... measured and adjusted it a couple time already.

·
Premium Member
6,593 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
just ordered one... shipping was more then the item!

I just installed a D62 deck on my 2320 and seems to be mowing a little uneven... measured and adjusted it a couple time already.
:thumbup1gif:

I hope you will find, the same as I, that very little adjusting is required to then maintain level.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Bringing this back from the dead for the other newbies because this cheap plastic tool is awesome! I never knew about this until searching the forum in regard to leveling my deck. I went and got this for $7 at my dealer and man is it nice to have! Thanks again Randy!

·
Registered
3,839 Posts
I agree. I got mine Wed and find my deck was lower on the right side by 1 inch

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 4 Beta

·
Registered
2 Posts
Deck is way out of alignment - left side

I have an issue with my 60" AutoConnect Deck not being level.

To start with, when I received my new 1026R, I could never turn to "H", would never go past between "M" and "H" setting.. left it at that...

After some time had past I had an issue with getting my deck to Auto Connect.. I had it picked and serviced.

When I got it back I noticed the left side of deck (looking from the rear) was way out of level, so much so that that the yard looks really bad. I didn't realize it till I was mowing and because of the tractor being in the shop for over a week and not being able to mow for 3 weeks (rain, etc.) I had to go on with it.

Is something else dramatically wrong with the deck. I am talking about a good 1.5" or more\. The Turn buckles haven't been adjusted...

I have got to get this working - don't have the confidence in the local dealer.... Any guidance would be greatly appreciated

Bob

·
Administrator
20,350 Posts
If the thread 636 linked you to doesn't solve your issue, let us know. We'll help you get squared away. :good2:

·
Registered
3,839 Posts
I agree that the mower leveling tool is a really great tool to have. It is indispensable. One side of the 54D deck on my new 1025R was over an inch lower than the other side. Either the setup guy did not level it or it got messed up when they installed the mulch kit. 3 hours later, it is all level and set for 3 3/4 inches at the lock setting. What took so long was that at first I was leveling at the uppermost raised position. Well, after getting that leveled and raised as high as it would go, then I tried the lock position and it was not level, so I had to start all over again, since that is the position that I will be mowing in most of the time. Sometimes, I will mow in the HIGH position, which is now 3 1/4 inches.

·
Registered
3,554 Posts
I ordered on of those fancy measuring devices when I got the wheel spinner from GrFrmPts. All the years I've had my GX335/48C I used 2 specially marked cubes of wood sized at exactly 2" to establish the deck setting. And, unless I set the tractor on already levelled 2X12's, the blocks of wood are adversely affected by the uneveness of my concrete shop floor... I guess it will be the same for the 54" on the 1026r.

Using this fancy space age micrometric official JD device, how much leeway do you folks allow in the measurements? I suppose like the cubes of wood this thing is only as good as the surface the tractor is sitting on. Some day I'll have a level marble floor in my shop too!:laugh:

·
Registered
2 Posts
Tried the 1026 Setup

I follow the setup and was able to at least get the mower to move to the "H" position - thankful for that!.

And I worked (verified) the front draft measurement - though I think I need more gap according the Mower OPS manual.

I may have shifted something earlier which brought about this whole issue when the deck got hung and my right rear mower wheel came off and I even lost the pin when going up into the shed.

Anyway, attached are some pics I took.. It seems the left side (when looking form the back) is about 2" lower. What specifically would cause that (did I get something out of alignment or worse bend or twist something with previous incident?)

Would adjusting the turnbuckle on that side work, though it would take quite a bit of adjustment, I think.. I am not all that mechanically inclined, but really need to understand what has happened here - just frustrating.

First group of pics (4) are in install position with mower fully up. Second group with mower in "H" and fully up..

Left side again is probably 2" lower..

Thanks for all your Help!

Attachments

1 - 18 of 18 Posts