Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everybody, Im a 2nd year owner of the 1025R -with a 54" mower deck, front loader and back hoe. Great piece of equipment and enjoy every minute I'm on it! Today I noticed something for the first time, when my mower deck is raised all the way up it moves up and down about a ½" but its non stop in a constant rhythm. It actually makes the tractor bounce a little. The 3 point hitch attachment arms also move and if I hold the hydraulic line anywhere I can feel it pulsing. If I lower the deck down to cutting position it stops completely or if I take the mower deck off and raise everything back up it still stops. It only happens when the mower deck is on and in the raised position. I've checked the hydraulic line connections, took them apart a dozen times and reconnected, so its definitely not the connection, but it does seam like a hydraulic issue. Does anybody have any ideas? Really appreciate any help. Thanks.

·
Administrator
20,679 Posts
:wgtt:

Your 3 point hitch feedback rod needs to be adjusted or it’s loose. Check the little rod connected to the R/H lift arm. That’s the feedback rod. There’s a bunch of threads regarding this issue. You’ll find all kinds of pics and instructions if you do a quick search. :good2:

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the help and quick reply Jason. I'll be checking it first ray of light tomorrow morning! :bigthumb:

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
threads about feedback linkage

First chance I got to look at the feedback linkage on my tractor today and I'm having some trouble navigating a search. Google search above takes me out of the forum, and the only other way I found to search is to be in an existing thread but it comes up empty when I try a search. I'm sure this is very simple and I'm complicating it?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
mower deck moving up and down 1025R

NrnnJgIYSLidckYBB7XUjQ.jpg

Just want to make sure this is the feedback rod and these are the adjustments?

·
Administrator
20,679 Posts
Yup, that’s it sir. :thumbup1gif:

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Great. So I did try moving the adjustment nuts a few turns both ways and still no change. Should I go more than a few turns? I tried to send a video but I'm not on Facebook or YouTube.

I just went ahead and went a little further and everything stopped moving (deck no longer pulses up and down), when the mower deck is raised up. There is a loud noise that I can't seem remember it doing before all this though. The only time it stops completely is when the deck is moving up from the bottom position. As its moving the noise stops until it tops out. I plan on contacting my dealer about all this. it doesn't seem right to have to adjust the feedback rod on a tractor with 40 hours.

·
Registered
2,022 Posts
Here is the Technical Manual adjustment procedure:

Attachments

·
Administrator
20,679 Posts
Does the rockshaft drift down with the tractor turned off?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
It did before I made the adjustment. If I had the cut height set to deck removal and shut off the tractor with the deck up, it would drop down. I haven't tried it since I adjusted the feedback rod, but I will.

just checked, as soon as I started the tractor up the deck raised to the top position again. So it is dropping when the tractor is off. I don't ever remember it doing that before all this occurred? Hopefully we're talking about the same thing.

·
Administrator
20,679 Posts
Ok, your feedback rod isn’t the issue. Either your rockshaft valve is leaking by or the rockshaft cylinder is leaking. Either way this is a much more in-depth repair and will probably be costly. Is it under warranty?

·
Premium Member
2,118 Posts
Try closing the rate of drop valve in the front of the seat, raise the 3 point, shut off the engine, and see if the condition stops.
If it does, then the problem is in the 3 point control valve.
If it doesn’t, then the problem is the seals on the rockshaft Lift cylinder.
This all assumes the feedback rod is adjusted properly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
8,817 Posts
If you are in your second year of ownership and the tractor is still under warranty, I would definitely get the dealer to service it under warranty ASAP. You mentioned the machine only has 40 hours, but depending upon the delivery date, you might be beyond the basic portion of the warranty, I hope you are not as the repairs are likely to be a little more involved.

You are also probably getting the John Deere extended warranty coverage offers recently regarding your machine. The extended warranty options are discussed in other threads about determining the cost to benefit value depending upon one's use and hours on their machine. Just something else to think about.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts