Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm in the process of getting my L130 JD ready for spring and summer work so my grandson can help me with yard work. I want to replace the bad bearings in the mower deck spindles, but have run into a question. The JD parts catalog shows two different part numbers for the bearings. Upper bearing number is GX 20818 and the lower is GX 21510. I can read the upper bearing number on the old bearing as GX20818, but the lower bearing is so rusted that it can't be read. I had heard that both bearings were suppose to be the same . I measured the OD on both bearings along with one other bearing from another spindle, and all read the same at 1.572". I also measured the bearing area of the spindle housing and both upper and lower bearing housings read the same at 1.571" with a .001 interference fit. All ID measurements on all bearings were .666" on all inner bearing races. Has anyone replace these bearings before and what was your experience. This is a L130 with a 48" deck. Two spindles were replaced before and the bearings that I removed from them are made in China and I haven't tried to cross reference the numbers yet, although what ever number is on there , doesn't look like a bearing number. My main tractor is a 1025R.

· Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I see the only difference is the lower bearing is only sealed on one side. The newer spindle housings do have a grease fitting on them so that would explain the reason. Thanks for the help.👍👍👍

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.