Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have any unique ideas on how to store a 54 inch Auto Connect mower deck from a 1023E tractor for the winter. It sure takes up a lot of room on the garage floor just sitting there flat.

Thanks
Carl

·
Administrator
18,346 Posts
Yup, check out one of our forum sponsors: Mower Deck Axle Co

I've been using mine for about 10 years now:
60 MMM.JPG

·
Administrator
18,346 Posts
According to his website it will:

Item: 37 in stock
J. D. 72D, drive over deck used on the 3520
1" Dia. X 16" long shafts w/ 8" wheels

ALSO J. D. 54" & 60" Auto Connect deck used on the 1023 & 1025R & 1026R

$149.95

·
Administrator
20,916 Posts
That looks very practical but will not work on a Auto Connect deck due to the way the wheels are on the Auto Connect. Any other ideas?
Yes they will. There is no difference in the Auto-Connect. We have severally members here who have them and are happy. :good2:

·
Registered
357 Posts
That looks very practical but will not work on a Auto Connect deck due to the way the wheels are on the Auto Connect. Any other ideas?
As others have stated it does work on the autoconnect decks. I have the 60d with this setup, the only way it could be any better is if 1 side swiveled.

·
Registered
238 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
357 Posts
View attachment 37148

Designed these for my dad and he had them made. This is only the first design, several improvements in the works. These are used on the 60D AutoConnect for 1026r.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
How do they come off?

·
Administrator
18,346 Posts
Designed these for my dad and he had them made. This is only the first design, several improvements in the works. These are used on the 60D AutoConnect for 1026r.

The spring pin on the deck fits in the hole in the shaft which hold each side together!

Great engineering! What did it cost to have them made?

Reactions: BigJim55

·
Registered
4 Posts
Great engineering! What did it cost to have them made?
For me nothing, due to my resources. Unfortunately because of that I don't have a number for you. I will say though, these were made of stainless steel which is much more expensive than regular steel. The 4 swivel wheels and 16 sets of grade 8 bolts, nylon washers, grade 8 flat washers and nuts were roughly 40 bucks from TSC if my memory serves me correctly!

·
Registered
357 Posts

·
Registered
223 Posts
For me nothing, due to my resources. Unfortunately because of that I don't have a number for you. I will say though, these were made of stainless steel which is much more expensive than regular steel. The 4 swivel wheels and 16 sets of grade 8 bolts, nylon washers, grade 8 flat washers and nuts were roughly 40 bucks from TSC if my memory serves me correctly!

Very nice design,
I only wonder why the xtra cost for the grade 8 fasteners, and the need for nylon washers ?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Very nice design,
I only wonder why the xtra cost for the grade 8 fasteners, and the need for nylon washers ?
Grade 8 hardware because I was felling good so I wanted the gold zinc plated finish they had at the local TSC rather then green or silver. Not really necessary. The nylon washers are to keep the steel on the casters from resting flat against the stainless, which over time would have a chemical reaction without the nylon washers.

·
Registered
357 Posts
Very nice design,
Must be a business owner. I'm guessing you already want to send production overseas!:laugh:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts