Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1949 Ford 8N, 1959 Ford 841 Diesel, working on a 2 series order
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, I'm new here and I'm doing that whole "do I need the 2025r or the 2032r" debate. I'm pretty sure I know which way I'm leaning, but I have been building different machines on the website. In the last day or two I have noticed that the mower decks are not an option under "options" or "attachments". Anyone else have this problem or is it just my angry pixies that are acting up?

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
Same issue with lawn tractors. Not sure the issue but frustrating. I am curious if Mother Deere is "forcing" us to visit the dealer?

·
Super Moderator
6,041 Posts
Welcome to GTT

·
Registered
339 Posts
It is strange. I had noticed that behavior a while back as well.

Having spent a lot of seat time the 1025 and 2025, the larger-framed 2032/38 is much more refined and sophisticated animal. If you drive them back to back, it is night and day in so many ways.

Of course, there is a significant difference in $, which always seems to show its ugly face for most of us. Trade offs and choices as they say.

·
Registered
105 Posts
I played the 2025R or 2032R game for a long time (a couple years). I now have a 2038R on order. There are a few reasons that I made the choice for the larger frame 2 series:
  • Operator Station Ergonomics/Comfort
    • 2032/2038 is more refined
  • Availability of a 72" mower deck vs only a 60"
  • 3 point lift height
  • Dual Rear SCV available on larger 2 series
  • Mechanical Self Leveling Loader seemed to not be an improvement on the 120R, while is was a significant improvement on the 220R
    • This is based on Tractor Time with Tim's videos. He used a 1025 and 2038 for the comparisons, but it is the same loader comparison as 2025 vs 2032
  • The only reason I am going with the 2038 over the 2032 is that I felt the extra 6 PTO horsepower would be quite useful in running that big 72" deck (and will definitely help once I get a tiller too)

Reactions: Drifterbike

·
Registered
1949 Ford 8N, 1959 Ford 841 Diesel, working on a 2 series order
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I would really like the 2032r, and I could afford it, but I'm afraid it would be too big. The 1025r wouldn't work well mowing my yard with a couple of small but steep hills, and less than ideal ground (neighbor has as yard roller I plan to put to good use).

I think the 2025r hits the sweet spot for me between the 1 and large frame 2. I live on 5 acres that is partially mowed (a little over 2 acres) and partially wooded, with some trails and such in the woods. I think the large frame 2 will be just a bit much mowing around the house and such, and with no animals or crops to care for, I don't need the 220 loader...I don't think ;-). The two things that have me thinking about the large frame are the command cut/separate deck lift, and the lift height on the 3 point. I just don't know that for me the extra cost justifies what I get. Not saying the large frame isn't worth the extra costs, just not for me. Also want to maintain a big garden, and the 2032r may actually become a disadvantage for my setting/application.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts