Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello
I just want to take a minute to say hello to all the members of GTT. I am Larry (moweraxle) and owner of Mower Deck Axle Co., LLC maker of the Mower Stands that so many of you have already purchased and I would like to say Thank You and Thank You to any future buyers. If anyone has any questions please E-mail me at [email protected] and I will do my best to help you.

·
Administrator
17,303 Posts
Welcome Larry :yahoo:

·
Administrator
20,363 Posts
Your support is greatly appreciated here Larry! Thank you! :thumbup1gif:

·
Registered
1 Posts
Just a big thanks to Larry for the mower axle set. Very prompt and complete service at the order, fast shipping, and even packed nicely. Most important though is they fit great, are very stable and made for quick and safe work of cleaning and putting up the deck for winter. He even had the forethought to include an eyehook and safety chain with clasp to secure the top of the deck to a wall or other support to prevent the possibility of a tip over should a child or large pet inadvertantly pull, tug, or hang from the top of the deck while in storage. This set is being used on the 54C deck from my 2011 JD X748.
Thanks again Larry and thanks also to GTT for providing awareness to this product.

·
Administrator
17,303 Posts
Just a big thanks to Larry for the mower axle set. Very prompt and complete service at the order, fast shipping, and even packed nicely. Most important though is they fit great, are very stable and made for quick and safe work of cleaning and putting up the deck for winter. He even had the forethought to include an eyehook and safety chain with clasp to secure the top of the deck to a wall or other support to prevent the possibility of a tip over should a child or large pet inadvertantly pull, tug, or hang from the top of the deck while in storage. This set is being used on the 54C deck from my 2011 JD X748.
Thanks again Larry and thanks also to GTT for providing awareness to this product.
:wgtt:

·
Registered
18 Posts
Oil leaking from gearbox?

I got my axle set for a 60" mmm autoconnect deck on my 1025r. Great product, easy install.

One question for others: after standing the deck upright on the axles and wheels for several days I noticed oil leaking from the gearbox on the deck, probably through a vent. Anyone else experience that? I guess I will have to add some gearbox oil next year, anyone know off the top of your head what type lube it takes?

·
Premium Member
10,057 Posts
One question for others: after standing the deck upright on the axles and wheels for several days I noticed oil leaking from the gearbox on the deck, probably through a vent. Anyone else experience that? I guess I will have to add some gearbox oil next year, anyone know off the top of your head what type lube it takes?
Yup, that's your gearbox vent leaking. Normal occurrence when you stand one up. You can remove the vent and replace it with a pipe plug for storage purposes. Just be sure you put the vent back in before you mow next year!

·
Administrator
17,303 Posts
Mine hasn't leaked a drop in 1almost 10 years being stored vertically every winter, but I have heard of the newer ones leaking a bit.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Hi,

May seem like a silly question but can someone tell me how they get there deck vertical after installing the stands? I imagine after the stands are installed you just lift up on the opposite side until the deck is vertical. An input would be great.

Going to clean the deck and prepare it for winter storage this weekend and have been thinking about purchasing a set of stands.

Thanks

·
Administrator
17,303 Posts
Hi,

May seem like a silly question but can someone tell me how they get there deck vertical after installing the stands? I imagine after the stands are installed you just lift up on the opposite side until the deck is vertical. An input would be great.

Going to clean the deck and prepare it for winter storage this weekend and have been thinking about purchasing a set of stands.

Thanks
I just lift it...yeah it's heavy but thats what I do-just did it last weekend in fact.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Hi,

Thanks
I simply put a 2" ratchet strap through the bracket on the front of the deck, that attaches the draft arm, and then put the strap around the bucket of my FEL. Don't put strap on draft arm itself...could damage it, or throw off adjustments. Then carefully lift bucket and stand up/lift the deck. I just did this and power washed the deck a couple weeks ago for winter storage. SLOWLY move it into garage so the deck doesn't swivel on the strap. I then set it down on a rudimentary stand I made out of a $12 HF movers dolly...easy to move around the garage:good2:

Good luck,
Mike...The Griz

·
Registered
98 Posts
Mower deck wheel/stand.

After searching rhe local sources it build my on stand i gave up and bought Larrys. Ro get a Jerry rig have as good as Larrys would of cost me almost as much as his mower stand. Well what a surprise dealing with Larry. He Definitely takes pride in his work. The wheels/axle stand is of such quality you would think it was a factory machined OEM part. He sends all rhe hitch pins, chain to secure it to the wall, and a note to get n touch with him if you have problems. If all companies used his standards and workmanship we would not have to worry about inferior products.
Good job Larry. I wish I would of found you in 2002 wben I bought my. JD4110 /60"*mmm*.

·
Administrator
17,303 Posts
1 - 16 of 16 Posts