Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an X360 with the 48” cut. Does JD make front gage wheels, that will turn, like castor wheels? Most times, when I turn the lawn tractor, the front deck gage wheels, dig into the ground and tear up my lawn. It would be nice if they would turn with the tractor to prevent tearing up my lawn.t

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
35,721 Posts
I have an X360 with the 48” cut. Does JD make front gage wheels, that will turn, like castor wheels? Most times, when I turn the lawn tractor, the front deck gage wheels, dig into the ground and tear up my lawn. It would be nice if they would turn with the tractor to prevent tearing up my lawn.t
If this is doing this while mowing i would guess they are set too low.

·
Registered
3,829 Posts
Not that I've seen.Are they too low, should be an 1/4" off the ground or whatever the book suggest measured on a hard surface.

·
Registered
12,271 Posts
Not that I've seen.Are they too low, should be an 1/4" off the ground or whatever the book suggest measured on a hard surface.
If this is doing this while mowing i would guess they are set too low.
This right here ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

·
Registered
4,246 Posts
The wheels are anti-scalp wheels. They are to keep the deck from grinding high spots down. That's the reason for them being up off the cement by a quarter in above the ground.

·
Registered
145 Posts
1/2 or more above the concrete. I’m not manicuring a golf course.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts