Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Due to mowing conditions, I do a lot of reverse travel and the mow in reverse safety becomes a nuisance. When safety is NOT a concern at SandburRanch I've found a simple temporary over ride on the X350 for the mow in reverse button. No modification to the original manufacture necessary. May be accomplished from the seat in seconds for either safety or no safety in reverse. Can be accomplished while traveling.

·
Registered
627 Posts
Lift the pto engage before reverse motion starts.
Once moving backwards it can be released and deck will stay running.

I find the button to be awkward, but the pto lever is just another right-hand function when driving.

However, I'm curious what you've found as a solution?

Reactions: tj1

·
Premium Member
2020 1025R, 120R, 54D
4,013 Posts
So what was your modification?

·
Premium Member
2020 1025R, 120R, 54D
4,013 Posts
Once the button is depressed it cannot return until I allow it to return.
How did you accomplish this? It's nice to share these tips with the community.

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
Once the button is depressed it cannot return until I allow it to return.
Sounds like a case of duct tape to the rescue. I still prefer swapping out the push button for a toggle switch.

·
Registered
2019 JD 4052M Hydro, JD 400E Loader, Frontier AP12F Forks, Frontier BB2072 Box Blade, RC2072
330 Posts
What I did on our old D100 was just snip the wires and cap them together. It was a gear drive so I needed my right hand to shift. Helped my neighbor do it on his D160 a few weeks ago

·
Registered
10 Posts
Honestly you get a piece of wire and wrap it around the terminals and plug the switch back in. I got a small clamp and removed the switch. I clamped down on the switch and put the wire, button and clamp behind the battery. No more annoying buttons

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.