Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
2019 JD 4052M Hydro, JD 400E Loader, Frontier AP12F Forks, Frontier BB2072 Box Blade, RC2072
254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I thought since mowing season is here it would be interesting to share what we all mow our lawn with.

I snapped this picture on Sunday. Z920M, 23.5 HP Kawasaki V-Twin, 60” Deck. Bought in October 2017 with 90 hours on it. Now has about 340 hours. Been a great mower. Nothing beats a ZTR.
Sky Tire Wheel Cloud Tractor

·
Premium Member
995 Posts
After years of (mostly) reliable cutting we are retiring the current zero turn (Dixon Grizzly 60"). Here is a picture of our new addition to the herd:
Z530R with a 54" deck (picture taken in the fall).

Tire Wheel Vehicle Plant Automotive tire

·
Premium Member
2,087 Posts
Tire Wheel Lawn mower Riding mower Vehicle registration plate

This will be its third season. It’s been great.

·
Premium Member
2,087 Posts
Wheel Tire Plant Vehicle Tractor

And this guy for the fields.

·
Registered
2,260 Posts
I bought this 2012 Gravely Pro Turn 160, 60" deck, late last summer. I really like it. I've had two John Deere z turns in the past, a 665 Ztrack and a Z945M, both were 60" decks and I really liked those too. One thing I like about the Gravely is that it combines a couple of things that I liked about the JDs, it's lighter than the z945 like the 665 was but feels heavier duty and has the suspension seat like z945. I haven't decided yet if the cut quality is as good, I need to get some good blades for it.

Oh yeah, I also had a Lawn Boy (Toro Timecutter but Honda powered) and I hated it 😂

Tire Lawn mower Wheel Mower Plant

Tire Wheel Car Automotive tire Hood
Wheel Tire Plant Automotive tire Motor vehicle
Tire Wheel Land vehicle Vehicle Plant

·
Registered
2,246 Posts
I sold my 797 zero turn with 72" deck, at the end of last season, now I'm looking to replace it. I'm looking for a tractor with a 60" belly mower, and 24 or more horsepower. Something like a 855, 955, 4115, or Kubota B7500, B7800, B2410, B2710, B2910 etc.
Keep an eye out.

·
Registered
550 Posts
I really like the zen of mowing. Smell of fresh cut grass. Being outside.

I mow with a JD2025, 60" deck. For a couple years I did the daughter's yard next door, but then they picked up a Z950. Both machines mow really well. The Z is a hair quicker, and mulches so it sometimes leaves a cleaner look.

Haven't mowed yet this year. I aerated last Monday, and laid down Greenup fertilizer. Rained last couple days, and more for next few days. High of 43 today.
Next week into the 60's though, so I think the grass will perk up.
Wheel Tire Vehicle Tractor Automotive tire

·
Registered
153 Posts
2038R with the 60D. Bought it last year. It does a great job mowing but it is too heavy and leaves trails marks all over the lawn.

2009 X300 with 845 hours. Still working great.

My new toy. Arrived last week. 2022 Z930M.
This zero-turn is awesome and fast. my 2038D 60D will be a backup mower for now.

·
Registered
279 Posts
35 degrees Saturday morning and 80 degrees today. 13 acres cut this weekend with my Z740R. Averaged more than 2 acres an hour.
Wheel Plant Tire Building Vehicle

Military camouflage Camouflage Plant Marines Military uniform

·
Bonehead Club Lackey
11,475 Posts
1026R w/60" deck and has 1600+ hours on it. No pics on this laptop. Sorry...

·
Registered
2019 JD 4052M Hydro, JD 400E Loader, Frontier AP12F Forks, Frontier BB2072 Box Blade, RC2072
254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Thanks for sharing everyone! Looks like we have a good variety of different machines.

@trav The picture of the Z945M stuck hits close to home 🤣. I've been in that situation more times than I care to remember. Usually trying to get too close to the edge of the pond...
I've always believed that the Tweels wouldn't do as well in mud as regular turf tires. It seems like the tread on the Tweels just isn't deep enough. If we ever get to the point of needing new tires on the Z920M, I'd like to replace the turfs with either Versa Turfs or HDAP's. Sometimes the turfs just don't get enough traction, even on dry grass.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts