Green Tractor Talk banner
21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
2,244 Posts
Thanks for sharing everyone! Looks like we have a good variety of different machines.

@trav The picture of the Z945M stuck hits close to home 🤣. I've been in that situation more times than I care to remember. Usually trying to get too close to the edge of the pond...
I've always believed that the Tweels wouldn't do as well in mud as regular turf tires. It seems like the tread on the Tweels just isn't deep enough. If we ever get to the point of needing new tires on the Z920M, I'd like to replace the turfs with either Versa Turfs or HDAP's. Sometimes the turfs just don't get enough traction, even on dry grass.
The tread on the Tweels is actually a lot deeper and have bigger voids than the turf tires, they might actually be a little better in mud than turfs, they definitely have really good all around traction and were great on hills.

The turfs than came on my Pro Turn were useless on my property, the ag style I replaced them with are amazing in mud, I couldn't get it stuck but when they lose traction on a hill they take a lot of land with them 😂

I'm hoping that the HDAP style that I just installed will be the perfect compromise between turfs and R1 ag type. The Tweels are just too expensive.

Reactions: Levi and JD4052M

·
Registered
2019 JD 4052M Hydro, JD 400E Loader, Frontier AP12F Forks, Frontier BB2072 Box Blade, RC2072
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
The tread on the Tweels is actually a lot deeper and have bigger voids than the turf tires, they might actually be a little better in mud than turfs, they definitely have really good all around traction and were great on hills.

The turfs than came on my Pro Turn were useless on my property, the ag style I replaced them with are amazing in mud, I couldn't get it stuck but when they lose traction on a hill they take a lot of land with them 😂

I'm hoping that the HDAP style that I just installed will be the perfect compromise between turfs and R1 ag type. The Tweels are just too expensive.
That's interesting. It seems like the Tweels have more ground contact as well. The ag tires would be perfect if you are mowing wet areas a lot and not mowing a nice lawn. The HDAP tires I think are the best all-around compromise, just if you are on nice turf you'd need to be careful when turning. I'd really love to try some Versa-Turfs on a ZTR. I think they'd be awesome. The only thing is I think you'd have to get different wheels to mount them on, possibly rear wheels from a 1 Series would work.

Reactions: trav

·
Registered
2,244 Posts
That's interesting. It seems like the Tweels have more ground contact as well. The ag tires would be perfect if you are mowing wet areas a lot and not mowing a nice lawn. The HDAP tires I think are the best all-around compromise, just if you are on nice turf you'd need to be careful when turning. I'd really love to try some Versa-Turfs on a ZTR. I think they'd be awesome. The only thing is I think you'd have to get different wheels to mount them on, possibly rear wheels from a 1 Series would work.
I would be interested in seeing versa-turfs on a ZTR. 👍

Reactions: JD4052M

·
Premium Member
13,708 Posts
Got the Z915E serviced and ready to go.

It was due for the 1st hydro service at 300 hours.

Two little filters were $40 each.
Organism Yellow Emoticon Font Electric blue

At least I don't need to do that for another 500 hours, but I better start saving my pennies.

Got it close to some soap and water for a change. That won't last long. Probably will insure that I will find some soft muddy stuff rear quick like.

Tire Wheel Plant Mower Lawn mower

·
Registered
2019 JD 4052M Hydro, JD 400E Loader, Frontier AP12F Forks, Frontier BB2072 Box Blade, RC2072
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
It was a little wet when I mowed for the neighbor today lol. Don’t worry, the part I rutted up is actually on our property (the neighbor used to mow around our side of the shared pond, now that I mow his yard I tack that part onto his property every other time.) I’m actually kinda proud of myself for “baptizing” the mower for the 2022 season 😂. It’s always fun to play in the mud til you get hopelessly stuck!
Wheel Tire Plant Vehicle Automotive tire

·
Premium Member
991 Posts
Did you try to hydroplane over the pond to get there?! The fenders have some good spray on them.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
Did you try to hydroplane over the pond to get there?! The fenders have some good spray on them.
😂 Don’t give me ideas now. To mow around our side of the pond and the levee I have to cross a spot where a ditch runs from our property into the pond. There is a bunch of silt that has settled in there so I just had to full send it across there. That was really my only option to get to the levee besides going way around on our property.

Reactions: Guja0501 and SRG

·
Registered
2,244 Posts
Thanks for sharing everyone! Looks like we have a good variety of different machines.

@trav The picture of the Z945M stuck hits close to home 🤣. I've been in that situation more times than I care to remember. Usually trying to get too close to the edge of the pond...
I've always believed that the Tweels wouldn't do as well in mud as regular turf tires. It seems like the tread on the Tweels just isn't deep enough. If we ever get to the point of needing new tires on the Z920M, I'd like to replace the turfs with either Versa Turfs or HDAP's. Sometimes the turfs just don't get enough traction, even on dry grass.
I got a chance to try out the HDAP style tires in the conditions that I hoped to today as I did the first mow of the season and the ground was very soft and still muddy in the low areas and they performed as I had hoped, great traction, really good at side hilling, and much more forgiving than bar tires. I wish I had bought these the first time, now I have to find something to do with my ag tires.

Reactions: JD4052M

·
Premium Member
991 Posts
Catching up on pictures from the week. Broke out the Z for the first time. A definite step up from the old Dixon!
Wheel Tire Plant Mower Vehicle

·
Premium Member
1025r with Mauser cab.
14,436 Posts
New ExMark Lazer with Suspension operator platform. I had this same machine for 3 years without the suspension platform and it was an excellent machine. The operator platform makes it even better.

The ride is amazing........I can mow for hours and get off and still walk. I already have a 2024 Model of this same machine on order as this one is racking up hours mowing 14 to 16 acres a week..........Already at 280 hours in one year. Excellent cut, outstanding ride and overall, I give it a A++ rating.........

Plant Wheel Tire Automotive tire Motor vehicle
Motor vehicle Automotive tire Automotive lighting Automotive design Vehicle
Hood Motor vehicle Automotive design Automotive exterior Automotive lighting

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
Thursday we picked up our new RC2072 and I-Match quick hitch. Of course we had to try it out and mow the field. I’m glad we spent the extra money to get the Frontier and not one of the farm store cutters.
Tire Wheel Sky Cloud Tractor

Tire Wheel Sky Plant Vehicle

Today I had the opportunity to mow with this machine. Definitely a very smooth ride, and plenty of power. The only big negative thing I noticed is that this machine is very light compared to our Z920M. The Ferris skids the tires more and doesn’t turn as well as the Deere. Other than that I love it. It runs much smoother and quieter than a Deere.
Tire Wheel Vehicle Lawn mower Plant

@SulleyBear that’s one heck of a machine you have there!!

21 - 33 of 33 Posts