Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,035 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Decided to crank up the F525 today & make sure it was ready for mowing season: HPIM1603.JPG

Took a while to start the first time of the season, so the battery could use some charge. Took it to the work shed to air the tires & check it over. Then, what better way to charge the battery than to run it a bit? I'll just mow the patch at the east end of the house ------------------- The front yards pretty clumpy, so I'll trim it up. -------------- Strip along side the drive could stand some cleanup too, so I'll mow it. ----------- Some of the back yard grows faster, so it got mowed also. An hour later, the mower is back in it's shed & the whole yard's mowed! :greentractorride: :lol:

·
Registered
12,047 Posts
Same here. We are weeks away from mowing.

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
37,776 Posts

·
GTT's Pilot in Command (PIC)
8,558 Posts
If grnspot110 is just getting started with the mowing, he is behind. I've been mowing for 60 days now. Even fired up the 1050 to do some this afternoon! Was good to get back on the big green guy and do some work today!!

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
Im gonna pull mine out within the next week and just do some test runs to make sure they are ready.. I do full service in the fall right before winter storage.. Im still 3 weeks at least here unless it warms up a bunch.. Im about done with my lawn rolling part of my business..

·
Registered
4,434 Posts
Reactions: Levi

·
Registered
4,434 Posts
Just put the deck on the murray last week. Ill probably mow my designated area some time next week.

·
Premium Member
9,686 Posts
Mowed the front yard last night. :bigbeer:

Once it dries out enough, the rest I'll have to bush hog. :munch:

·
Registered
4,090 Posts
If grnspot110 is just getting started with the mowing, he is behind. I've been mowing for 60 days now. Even fired up the 1050 to do some this afternoon! Was good to get back on the big green guy and do some work today!!

I guess you did not get the memo. Tractors are "girls", not guys.

Dave

Reactions: Gizmo2

·
8,558 Posts
I guess you did not get the memo. Tractors are "girls", not guys.

Dave
My Avery is a girl....She has been a workhorse all of her life, and still looks good for her years!

My 1050 is a guy....He is rugged, sexy, dependable, and always willing to take me for a ride!

·
Bonehead Club Lackey
10,269 Posts
And all I want to do is go mushroom hunting, it's about that time. Mowed some the other day, garden is tilled and wife wanted to plant today but it rained all day. It was supposed to be 80° today and never made it pass 65°. Thank you weather channel. :nunu: Don't mean to make you up north people feel bad but you know how it is. Are any of us ever satisfied? :lolol: Anymore I'm to old to care. I just look at the Heavens and say, "Thank You God, I'll take whatever You give me and do the best I can with it". Weather channel just got my hopes up and then God showed us who is in control. :bigthumb: nope His name is NOT al gore

·
Chief Stick-picker-upper
11,477 Posts
Been mowing the lawn since the first week in February.
Looks like I need to replace my mower deck drive belt on the Z445 and sharpen the blades.
It's a rough job, but someone has to do it. :laugh:

·
Registered
3,554 Posts
No grass yet, still a couple of apparant snowman cadavers around the yard this morning, but I think tonight's 50º rain might have finished them. The front yard is all pine tree droppings and the lawn is pretty messy with stix and leaves that came down late. THIS year instead of bagging I'm going to try going "The Clockwise Route" and blow everything out to edge of the yard and under the bushes. The 54D has really good mowing suction/blowing capability mowing high and I'll bet dropped down to 1.5" them pine cones will disappear nicely. Bagging is a PIA anymore since I quit composting (no place to use it) so I'll "mulch" instead.

·
Bonehead Club Lackey
10,269 Posts
No grass yet, still a couple of apparant snowman cadavers around the yard this morning, but I think tonight's 50º rain might have finished them. The front yard is all pine tree droppings and the lawn is pretty messy with stix and leaves that came down late. THIS year instead of bagging I'm going to try going "The Clockwise Route" and blow everything out to edge of the yard and under the bushes. The 54D has really good mowing suction/blowing capability mowing high and I'll bet dropped down to 1.5" them pine cones will disappear nicely. Bagging is a PIA anymore since I quit composting (no place to use it) so I'll "mulch" instead.
So, what you're saying is you want to do it the easy way?! Like the rest of us! :lolol:Be careful, you might start enjoying doing it that way and mowing will become something you look forward to. Then what will you tell your wife? :bigthumb: :lolol:

·
Registered
740 Posts
If by "mowing" you mean "using my back blade to knock apart and spread the remaining snow piles", then yes, I'm planning on mowing today! One pile is still bigger than my M because I wasn't thinking when I pushed a snow pile under a big cedar tree to make room for another pile. Oops. I think I'll hook up the little red wagon and play pick-up-sticks today as well.

BTW, yous guys crack me up!

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
Yup - same here. It will be into May before I start.
Traditionally don't now till sometime in May here either. Still have a couple snow piles, though most of the lawn is clear. Ground is still frozen a couple inches down, still very wet and soggy. Surrounded by trees it takes us a bit longer than most to thaw, dry and start to grow...

It's ok, no snow to push and no grass to mow=pretty much my favorite time of year. That said there are plenty of other projects, winter cleanup, etc to do!

Reactions: gbnpp05 and Levi

·
8,558 Posts
Spent 3 hours on the 1050 mowing in the smaller horse pasture just after sunrise, this morning!!! :yahoo::yahoo:

Reactions: Levi and grnspot110
1 - 20 of 21 Posts