Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
20,444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:thumbup1gif: Last 2 evenings had my first mowing with new 1026r and 60"mmm. Will have to say it can shoot the grass out the side discharge and leaves a very nice cut lawn. Very impressed with both tractor and mower. While mowing last evening I had a 1500-2000' driveway I needed to cut both sides , so I was able to use the cruise , nice . While mowing kept watching the temp gauge never moved after reaching the normal operating temp. Plus when I got off the tractor looked at front grill very little grass ,the grill on the 2305 would have been totally covered. This was after mowing appx 2 1/2 hrs.
This morning I raised the hood and checked the screen in front of the radiator very little grass.
I will have to say JD did make some major improvements over the 2305 . Hoping if not much rain this week I will take mmm off put the fel and bh on and see what if any improvements. Setting in dealers lot it seemed like they had helped the bh.

Reactions: Kennyd

·
Administrator
22,591 Posts
Another happy owner

Sounds like your dealer did a great job with your set-up. :good2: Mowing can be a pleasure on a 1 series with the 60" MMM.

·
Premium Member
20,444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sounds like your dealer did a great job with your set-up. :good2: Mowing can be a pleasure on a 1 series with the 60" MMM.
Seems like it,the only thing I did was add air to both front tires.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Not sure about the 2305 as I never owned one, but don't get too comfortable in thinking the 1026 won't get hot!

The front grill and pre filter by radiator will get clogged, and the temp will go up! It isn't a bad thing, because it is designed to catch loose debris, but it will happen depending on the conditions you're operating in.
I have heard other members on here look down and realize that the temp gauge is in the red!

Enjoy your machine and keep your eye on the gauge! :good2:

·
Premium Member
20,444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
OH ,yes the screen or filter between transmission cooler and radiator will get dirty. Myself and others that own the Series 1 will have to remember to check that screen because if we don't it will overheat.
But the major difference is almost like night and day. The outside front grill would have been almost solid with clipping on front and side of the grillon the 2305. Last night I had maybe a small handfull of clippings between the front grill and on the screen . Mowing the other night I had mowed 3 lawns plus some tall grass (height to middle of grill or higher) out in some fields.

·
Super Moderator
10,761 Posts
I have a 2305 and previously had a 54C deck on it. The deck scattered clippings that got sucked into and clogged the front screen. Since I installed the 60D 7 Iron deck I haven't had any problems with the screen clogging. I believe it has to do with the 60D's deeper deck, better vacuum and discharge of the clippings.

Frank

·
Premium Member
20,444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have a 2305 and previously had a 54C deck on it. The deck scattered clippings that got sucked into and clogged the front screen. Since I installed the 60D 7 Iron deck I haven't had any problems with the screen clogging. I believe it has to do with the 60D's deeper deck, better vacuum and discharge of the clippings.

Frank
Maybe that is the reason more than the redesign of the 1026R.. ,because I went with the 60" this time instead of the 54" .

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.