Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2015 2025r 62mmm h130 af10f plow forks 62 disc ripper and a woods m5 Dixie mower
1,181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I’m considering trading in my 1025r for a 2015 2025r anyone mow with this what is your experience on how it works how much of a pia is it to change from mowing lawn to loader work

·
Premium Member
2,830 Posts
I have never owned the old Gen1 Yanmar 2025R but I think I have read that one of the differences was that Gen 1 model didn't have a drive over deck. I would imagine that would make that transition a bit more difficult then what you have now with your 1025R.
I not sure what your goal with the trade is. You would gain some loader lift capacity and some ground clearance and some 3pt lift capacity with that gen 1.

I would say a better step up might be to look at say an open station 3033R or 3039R.
Still has a drive over deck available, similar size footprint to the gen 1 2025R, the 3Rs have even more gain in lift capacities all around. As well as even more ground clearance gains.

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
2025r switch is exactly same as 1025R. I mow with mine every week and keep the mower in the garage. Unhook loader, hook up mower, mow, then reverse. Tractor sits with loader on and mower deck off at the ready. That’s why I went with John Deere. Ease of attachment removal and install is second to none.

·
Registered
2015 2025r 62mmm h130 af10f plow forks 62 disc ripper and a woods m5 Dixie mower
1,181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
2025r switch is exactly same as 1025R. I mow with mine every week and keep the mower in the garage. Unhook loader, hook up mower, mow, then reverse. Tractor sits with loader on and mower deck off at the ready. That’s why I went with John Deere. Ease of attachment removal and install is second to none.
Ok do you have the new style 2025 or old

·
Premium Member
2020 1025R, 120R, 54D
3,771 Posts
Reactions: Pigpen

·
Administrator
22,404 Posts
2015 2025r
Inspect the rear drive shaft VERY carefully, they are known for failing without proper maintenance, which is not easy and often neglected.

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Trade-up from a 1025 to a 2025 might get you more size, but no more power than you already have. If I were going to trade up to a 2-series from a 1025, I'd go for a 2032R. Another 7 horsepower.
Yeah the more I look at tractors the more I think that is true and then I need a zero turn to mow my 3 acres of lawn but it’s a lot of money might just get a skid loader and a zero turn or I found a really nice 2520 for a good deal muins the mower deck so I’m checking out my options here

·
Premium Member
2,830 Posts
His sig shows 2018 so that would be a Gen 2.
Yea, I think the growing popularity of the Gen2 2025R creates a lot of confusion whenever a gen 1 topic starts up.
To me the Gen 1 is at the base of the MCUT and gen 2 2025R is really a SCUT .

·
Registered
3,091 Posts

·
Premium Member
1025r with Mauser cab.
14,436 Posts
Personally, I find mowing with a zero turn and keeping my tractor for "other use" an ideal arrangement. I know its not for everyone, but if you have a lot of mowing and really want to get the best of both worlds, having a SCUT or CUT and a zero turn is a great combination. If you do purchase a zero turn, try and purchase a commercial grade machine as they are really made to mow.

If you have never mowed with a commercial quality zero turn mower, you really should give it a try. Once I did, I never looked back and have found the combination of the two machines really a great way to go. I leave my FEL on my tractor 90% of the time and really only remove it in the fall to put the snow plow on it. If we get a lot of snow, I might put the FEL on to move snow piles once or twice in the winter. Otherwise, I leave the plow on until its time to swap back to the summer arrangement.

That 2025r you are looking at sure is a nice clean low hour machine. I am surprised its still for sale, to be honest.........It is priced at the top of its price range, but its also very low hours and looked like a great machine. Any idea why the owner is selling it? They didn't appear to use it very much...............Also, is the seller the original owner of the tractor, or is it someone trying to flip the tractor to make some money? There are a couple of those "resellers" in your area, one I have visited is right down Byron Center road, east of your location.............

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Personally, I find mowing with a zero turn and keeping my tractor for "other use" an ideal arrangement. I know its not for everyone, but if you have a lot of mowing and really want to get the best of both worlds, having a SCUT or CUT and a zero turn is a great combination. If you do purchase a zero turn, try and purchase a commercial grade machine as they are really made to mow.

If you have never mowed with a commercial quality zero turn mower, you really should give it a try. Once I did, I never looked back and have found the combination of the two machines really a great way to go. I leave my FEL on my tractor 90% of the time and really only remove it in the fall to put the snow plow on it. If we get a lot of snow, I might put the FEL on to move snow piles once or twice in the winter. Otherwise, I leave the plow on until its time to swap back to the summer arrangement.

That 2025r you are looking at sure is a nice clean low hour machine. I am surprised its still for sale, to be honest.........It is priced at the top of its price range, but its also very low hours and looked like a great machine. Any idea why the owner is selling it? They didn't appear to use it very much...............Also, is the seller the original owner of the tractor, or is it someone trying to flip the tractor to make some money? There are a couple of those "resellers" in your area, one I have visited is right down Byron Center road, east of your location.............
Yeah there trying to flip it also a another tractor I like about 20 miles north of me the 2025 seems too high on price and unwilling to come down any also willing to take my tractor on trade but want the plow with it and I still have to pay them 6 grand on top so in my eyes I’m money ahead to buy a loader tractor and a zero turn mower

·
Registered
2,245 Posts
I bought a low hour used commercial zero turn and it's such a time saver even though it's the same size deck as my 2025r. Because I have a dedicated mower now I decided to trade my 2025r in on a 3032e for the non limited cat 1 3pt and the added lift height and capacity of the 300e MSL loader and some extra hp for running PTO implements.

·
Registered
99 Posts
I have a Gen 2 2025r with a 54 inch drive over deck. I find that the two challenges with the deck are storing, and getting the knack of driving over and alignment. Both are very easily overcome. For storing I have gone with a deck dolly to store it and move it around. For my application I store it inside and it stands vertical allowing me to save storage space. The dolly I use also makes cleaning the deck and changes blades very easy. There are a number of applications out there for storing and moving the deck. As to getting the knack of driving over and getting the machine aligned, I found after a few tweaks to the equipment and some practice it all works fine. But the first few times can be frustrating if the ground is not level or you forget one of the steps in the process. Taking the loader off is fairly easy in my experience. If you have deck already for your 1025r you may be familiar with the two challenges.

I added a JD Z530R zero turn this year to the stable. I added it not because the deck change or cut quality issues. I added it for the bagging capacity and the large number of trees and obstacles that I have and the added versatility around the obstacles. The zero turn is fast and it is fun. I am finding myself largely just cutting with the zero turn; and using it to bag leaves in the fall. I will still use my 2025r deck but this past year I have used it for "rougher" work like scalping before aerating and detaching; or mulching really heavy piles of leaves before bagging. I save some time not having to take the loader off and add the deck and then reversing the process between different chores. But for me while the time savings was a benefit, it was not a driver in my decision.

Not sure this is helpful but it is my experience.

·
Premium Member
2,830 Posts
I have a Gen 2 2025r with a 54 inch drive over deck. I find that the two challenges with the deck are storing, and getting the knack of driving over and alignment. Both are very easily overcome. For storing I have gone with a deck dolly to store it and move it around. For my application I store it inside and it stands vertical allowing me to save storage space. The dolly I use also makes cleaning the deck and changes blades very easy. There are a number of applications out there for storing and moving the deck. As to getting the knack of driving over and getting the machine aligned, I found after a few tweaks to the equipment and some practice it all works fine. But the first few times can be frustrating if the ground is not level or you forget one of the steps in the process. Taking the loader off is fairly easy in my experience. If you have deck already for your 1025r you may be familiar with the two challenges.

I added a JD Z530R zero turn this year to the stable. I added it not because the deck change or cut quality issues. I added it for the bagging capacity and the large number of trees and obstacles that I have and the added versatility around the obstacles. The zero turn is fast and it is fun. I am finding myself largely just cutting with the zero turn; and using it to bag leaves in the fall. I will still use my 2025r deck but this past year I have used it for "rougher" work like scalping before aerating and detaching; or mulching really heavy piles of leaves before bagging. I save some time not having to take the loader off and add the deck and then reversing the process between different chores. But for me while the time savings was a benefit, it was not a driver in my decision.

Not sure this is helpful but it is my experience.
That's wild, only reason I have a mower deck for my 2025R is for fall cleanup work. LOL

I have a TKV20 bagger system for it that only time the bagger or the mower deck goes on the 2025R is in the fall and winter, when it is time to clean up the leaves.
Tire Vehicle Automotive tire Plant Tree

Automotive tire Tire Motor vehicle Automotive design Hood

Wheel Tire Tractor Vehicle Motor vehicle

Just shows everyone's needs are little different.
I also had a diesel Z997R for all of maybe 3 months before trading it for a X758.
Wheel Tire Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive tire

Self-propelled artillery Vehicle Tank Motor vehicle Combat vehicle

The Z9 sure wasn't faster for me, when I had to factor in all the time I spent pulling it out, whenever I would get it stuck, which for me was about every time I mowed with it. LOL
First time I mowed with it, I had to pull it out 3 times in about a 2 hour period.
I pretty much immediately regretted bringing that thing home.

My X758 has proven a much better fit for my place. I did manage to finally get it stuck, took over 50 hours of mowing time, and it still just been a one time thing for the X758. lol

·
Premium Member
4,731 Posts
That's wild, only reason I have a mower deck for my 2025R is for fall cleanup work. LOL
Don't lie, the only reason you have a 2025 is for leaf duty.

·
Premium Member
2,830 Posts
Don't lie, the only reason you have a 2025 is for leaf duty.
Lol 😆 It was the only tractor that came out play last Saturday.
It was on grapple duty, sort of like leaf duty, I had trimmed trees most of the day and many still had leaves on the branches which i was cleaning up with the 2025R .
So in a way you might be right. Lol 😝
Sky Plant Plant community Water Road surface

Plant community Plant Twig Wood Natural landscape

Plant community Natural landscape Twig Wood Plant

Plant Sky Branch Window Tree

Sky Plant Natural landscape Twig Grass

Reactions: Mackford13 and Big

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
I found a really nice 2520 for a good deal muins the mower deck so I’m checking out my options here
If you can find a deck for it, it makes a great mowing machine. I have a 2009 2520, with the 62D2 drive-over deck. It can also handle a 72" deck. I love my 2520, I have a loader and a bunch of implements for it. It punches above its weight and IMO is a better tractor than the 2025, has a couple more horsepower. If you can find a 2720, it's even better. Same physical size as the 2520 but has 32 horsepower. The 2720 and first gen 2032 are basically the same machine.

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
If you can find a deck for it, it makes a great mowing machine. I have a 2009 2520, with the 62D2 drive-over deck. It can also handle a 72" deck. I love my 2520, I have a loader and a bunch of implements for it. It punches above its weight and IMO is a better tractor than the 2025, has a couple more horsepower. If you can find a 2720, it's even better. Same physical size as the 2520 but has 32 horsepower. The 2720 and first gen 2032 are basically the same machine.
yeah I found a deck a friend of mine just upgraded to a 72 in and has he’s old 60 inbut what else do I need to put it together

·
Banned
197 Posts

Yep agreed. Got drive over 60, wish I never got it. Mowed with it 3 years, and picked up a z930m. Never use the deck anymore. So nice not taking loader on and off. And I hate the deck linkage hanging under the tractor.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.