Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,067 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Cut my grass for the first time this year today. I should have cut it one more time at the end of last year, but I didn't. As a result, I got to trim it a bit early this year.

Anyone else mowing yet?

·
Administrator
20,875 Posts
I need to but it's supposed to rain all weekend. :thumbsdown:

Sent from a phone with a tiny keyboard and a crazy auto-correct feature

·
Premium Member
10,067 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Can't trust a weatherman.

10 points for anyone who gets that reference. Don't know what the points are for, or what you do with them, but I'll give you 10 if you can name what I got that line from. :)

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
I started mowing in my business March 20th last year! Was 75-81 last year this week. I spend 3-4 weeks rolling yards before I start mowing. I havent done any of that or even started cleaning any yards for rolling yet... Hopefully start towards the end of next week.. 2-4 inches of SNOW here Sunday... :nunu:

·
Registered
3,689 Posts
It's going to be awhile for me....We have 2 or 3 feet of snow on the ground, and more on the way. I'm gonna put my money on the last week of April this year.

·
Registered
226 Posts
It will be a while for me too. Calling for 6-10" of snow by Monday night for my area.

Oh the joys of Indiana weather!!

Larry

·
Premium Member
7,920 Posts
I only had to mow the weeds twice last year, and I'll be a happy camper if twice is all I have to do it this year.

·
Premium Member
2,901 Posts
In my dreams... we just got hit with another 10 ".

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
I can't wait to start mowing! I'll have to wait another 2 months...............we got 16" of snow in the past 3 days.

·
Administrator
20,875 Posts
I just removed the blower off of my tractor to install the mower.

IMG_2547.jpg

:mocking:

·
Administrator
20,875 Posts
Rain.....

I'm so over winter. Bring it on summer!

·
Registered
2,864 Posts
Mowing? I have 14"of snow on my lawn :(

Sent from my Motorola RAZR MAXX using Tapatalk 2

·
Super Moderator
2,707 Posts
What are you supposed to get from this storm Sunday and Monday? Rain? They are saying 3-5 in my area and maybe up to a foot around the Springfield to St. Louis area....
I'm about 60 miles south of St. Louis and we're on the 1-3 inch line. Most of the snow will be I-70 north, but St. Louis is supposed to get a significant amount also. My area will get more rain and a mix than snow. Timeline is crucial as temps will be dropping.

·
Registered
2,160 Posts
I've mowed the "weeds" twice already. The San Augustine/Bermuda mix I have is still dormant.

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
I've had to mow twice already and should've mowed before the storm hit this morning. Lots of leaves and acorns to rake up and haul off. Probably gonna run them through a chipper/shredder and use for compost.

·
Registered
13 Posts
There's patches of Chickweed and Henbit that stand to be mowed off but that's about it. It was 27 with a huge frost this morning here in NC. Fifth night in a row below freezing, very unusual for our area.

·
Registered
3,554 Posts
Today the plow, chains, weights and light rack came off and the mower deck, Powrflow bagger and front dethatcher went on. There's no grass awake yet, not even onions, but I'm going after the winter crop of sticks, twigs and anything else that's not attached to the ground with my deck hangin' low.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts