1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Administrator
17,303 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
3,845 Posts
I totally agree. Google is a much better search engine than Yahoo. However there is a fix for this. Click on the drop down arrow next to the search engine icon. If Google is not an available choice, then choose "manage search engines" to show the available search engines that you can choose from. If Google is not available, then click on "get more search engines" near the bottom and find Google.

Dave

·
Administrator
20,363 Posts
Yahoo as the default?:thumbsdown: I've been weening myself from even going to Yahoo. Way too much advertising.

·
Super Moderator
4,890 Posts
Yahoo still exists?!? Who knew? :unknown:

:laugh:

·
Administrator
17,303 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
We are defaulted to BING at work, and it is horrible!

I can see myself migrating to Chrome more after this change IF I cannot default to Google.

·
Super Moderator
4,890 Posts
I prefer Bing for their "Birdseye" Sat maps but otherwise, I stick with Google. Switched over to Chrome a year or so ago and I'd uninstall IE completely if I could.

·
Registered
1,919 Posts
I prefer Bing for their "Birdseye" Sat maps but otherwise, I stick with Google. Switched over to Chrome a year or so ago and I'd uninstall IE completely if I could.
IE is terrible IMHO. It's slow to start up, doesn't work well with adobe, and just flat out quirky.

I currently use Chrome, but am looking to switch to something better soon. My gut tells me Google is getting too large a market share anymore with the search engine, android, chrome, gmail, etc. Case in point, you can't even use your android phone without first having a gmail account. It's all just getting a bit over the top anymore. I know that they sell my information so they can make money themselves, but not even being able to start a device you just bought without "logging in" first???

1 - 7 of 7 Posts